St Andrews Village-Ltc is a small facility in Aurora, Colorado. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is a very good nursing home. This place truly has plenty going for it. The best aspect of this nursing home's impressive profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section
St Andrews Village-Ltc
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. In crafting our short-term care grades, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The purpose is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. Our nursing score includes a handful of datapoints, however, the most important consideration is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about St Andrews Village-Ltc?
This nursing home also earned top notch inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of A-. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is nursing, ended up being this facility's weakest category. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in that category. This was one of the few dings in an otherwise impressive profile. For prospective residents seeking a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
St Andrews Village-Ltc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term patients who had a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 3.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 85.7% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In St Andrews Village-Ltc, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Aurora, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Colorado has 10 other nursing homes
- Medical Center of Aurora, TheAcute Care Hospitals 1.4 miles away1501 S Potomac St Aurora Colorado 80012Proprietary(303) 873-5511
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 5.02 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.72 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.82 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.23 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Parker Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away9395 Crown Crest Blvd Parker Colorado 80138Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 269-4000
- Aurora Dialysis (Dva)1.53 miles away1411 S Potomac St Ste 100 Aurora Colorado 80012CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 368-1911
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)2.39 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- East Aurora Dialysis (Dva)2.84 miles away482 S Chambers Rd Aurora Colorado 80017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (303) 696-1137
- Sable Dialysis (Dva)3.92 miles away509 N Sable Blvd Aurora Colorado 80011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 366-9458
- Northeast Denver Dialysis (Fkc)4.22 miles away590 Laredo St Aurora Colorado 80017Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 344-8704
- Aurora Dialysis (Fmc)4.37 miles away962 Potomac Cir Aurora Colorado 80011Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 340-1398
- The Childrens Hospital Kidney Ctr.5.09 miles away13123 E 16th Ave #328 Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 9 (720) 777-6263
- University of Co Hospital - Home Dialysis5.1 miles away12605 E. 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Dialysis Stations: 6 (720) 848-3102