Located in Spring Hill, Kansas, Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center is the only nursing home we identified there. With an overall grade of B-, this is a solid facility. Based on our assessment, this place should be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this facility's report card was its exemplary inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent government inspection reports in recent years. We gave them an A+ in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category scores came in the category of long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B+. It actually fared better than most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that do well in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.36306 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next most favorable area we gave this facility in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. Short-term care ratings are important for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually quite a bit below average.
The final area we looked at is nursing, ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. We awarded this nursing home a grade of D in this category. This was one of just a couple of dings in a very solid profile. Nursing scores are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 7.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 5.12% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients that have sustained falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 16.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 5.92% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 91.42% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 16.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 21.25% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 21.25 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 10.63 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Spring Hill Care & Rehabilitation Center, 74.59% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Olathe Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.55 miles away20333 West 151st Street Olathe Kansas 66061Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 791-4200
- Miami County Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away2100 Baptiste Drive Paola Kansas 66071Voluntary non-profit - Private(913) 557-4385
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.87 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.81 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.56 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 18.65 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Gardner Dialysis7 miles away328 E Main St Gardner Kansas 66030Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 884-8488
- Olathe Dialysis8.14 miles away732 W Frontier Lane Olathe Kansas 66061CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 390-4937
- Davita Nottingham Dialysis10.46 miles away14010 W 134th Pl Olathe Kansas 66062Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 764-0358
- Paola Dialysis12.22 miles away1605 East Peoria St Paola Kansas 66071Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 294-8417
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis13.75 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Nall Dialysis14.43 miles away10787 Nall Ave #130 Leawood Kansas 66211Dialysis Stations: 15 (913) 649-2671
- Bio-Medical Applications of Leawood14.43 miles away6751 W 119th St Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 18 (913) 491-6341
- Fkc - Lenexa14.9 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571