Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf is one of six facilities in Massillon, Ohio. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B which is a quality overall score. It graded out better than the average nursing home in Massillon by a significant margin. Based on our analysis, you can do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this facility's impressive profile is its inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Massillon senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Massillon, Ohio Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Massillon, Ohio Awards 2020
One of the reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is that it received an impressive inspection score. Inspections turned out to be its best category. In that category, we awarded it an A+. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing grades are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our better grades in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B+. With our short-term care score, we try to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's weakest category. We awarded this facility a grade of D in that category. This really is one of the few weak points on a strong profile. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.591545 percent of its residents, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 4.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 45.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 46.43% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 8.96% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 99.3% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 5.36% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 7.2% of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 7.2% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sprenger Health Care of Massillon Snf, 65.77% of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Massillon, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Massillon, Ohio has 5 other nursing homes
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- Aultman Orrville HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 14.96 miles away832 South Main Street Orrville Ohio 44667Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 682-3010
- Summa Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 19.55 miles away525 East Market Street Akron Ohio 44309Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 375-3000
- Akron General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.66 miles away1 Akron General Avenue Akron Ohio 44307Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 344-6000
- Union HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.7 miles away659 Boulevard Dover Ohio 44622Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 343-3311
- Davita - Massillon Community Dialysis0.72 miles away2112 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 837-7730
- Fmc - Massillon Dialysis Center2.14 miles away2474 Lincoln Way East Massillon Ohio 44646Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 837-2575
- Davita Canton Dialysis3.81 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis3.85 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis4 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis4.51 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Davita Navarre Dialysis5.32 miles away517 Park St Nw Suite A Navarre Ohio 44662Dialysis Stations: 7 (330) 879-5270
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC11.33 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035