Splendido at Rancho Vistoso is a small nursing home located in Tucson, Arizona. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our grading system takes excellent scores across the board. Not surprisingly, this is one of the top three nursing homes in the city. Headlining this facility's remarkable profile is its short-term care grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Splendido at Rancho Vistoso
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
13500 North Rancho Vistoso Blvd,
Tucson AZ 85755
82.38% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Tucson, Arizona Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Tucson, Arizona Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an elite grade of A+ for its short-term care score. Short-term care grades are commonly employed to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To have highly graded rehabilitation services, facilities generally must have higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility also earned an A+ inspection score, making it one of the few places to receive multiple A+'s in our categories. This grade is based on the facility's government inspections. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Splendido at Rancho Vistoso?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's third strongest category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Facilities that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.73418 percent of its patients. This is a great way to minimize negative health outcomes for the senior population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our fourth category, this nursing home also performed well in our nursing category. We awarded it an A- in this category. This topped off truly elite profile. When determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses spend with residents and the levels of training of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Splendido at Rancho Vistoso Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 8.99% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 1.4% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 11.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 17.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 3.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing depressive symptoms. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 74.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 12.93% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 15.66% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 15.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 11.86 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Splendido at Rancho Vistoso, 75.23% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tucson, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Tucson, Arizona has 15 other nursing homes
- Oro Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.21 miles away1551 East Tangerine Road Tucson Arizona 85755Proprietary(520) 901-3549
- Northwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away6200 North La Cholla Boulevard Tucson Arizona 85741Proprietary(520) 469-8100
- Sonora Behavioral Health HospitalPsychiatric 9.4 miles away6050 North Corona Road Tucson Arizona 85704Proprietary(520) 469-8700
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 14.47 miles away1625 North Campbell Avenue Tucson Arizona 85724Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 874-4189
- Palo Verde Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 14.7 miles away2695 North Craycroft Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 322-2888
- Tucson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.91 miles away5301 East Grant Road Tucson Arizona 85712Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 327-5461
- St. Mary's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.3 miles away1601 West St Mary's Road Tucson Arizona 85745Voluntary non-profit - Private(520) 872-3000
- St Joseph's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.01 miles away350 North Wilmot Road Tucson Arizona 85711Voluntary non-profit - Other(520) 873-3000
- Davita Oro Valley Dialysis2.14 miles away1521 E Tangerine Road Suite 101 Tucson Arizona 85755Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 219-2879
- Tangerine Crossing4.3 miles away3600 W Tangerine Rd Suite 120 Marana Arizona 85658Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 477-0341
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Dva)8.42 miles away2945 W Ina Rd Ste 105 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (520) 797-0049
- Northwest Tucson Dialysis (Fmc)9.09 miles away6261 N La Cholla Blvd Ste 181 Tucson Arizona 85741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (520) 297-1490
- Desert Dialysis Center (Dci)12.49 miles away2022 E Prince Rd Tucson Arizona 85719Dialysis Stations: 19 (520) 327-0007
- Tucson West Dialysis Center (Fmc)13.75 miles away100 W Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85705CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (520) 624-0266
- Tucson Central Dialysis (Dva)14.06 miles away2901 E Grant Rd Tucson Arizona 85716CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (520) 325-3408
- Banner University Medical Center Pediatric Outpatient Dialysis Unit14.6 miles awayPO Box 245148 Tucson Arizona 85724Dialysis Stations: 4 (520) 694-7176