Skyview Nursing Center is a nursing home located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma which has a population of 640,470 people. Our scoring scheme was not very kind to this nursing home, as we gave it an overall rating of F. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Skyview Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
While this nursing home's overall score was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in our short-term care category. We awarded it a B- for that category, which isn't bad. Unfortunately, this was not enough to spare its otherwise poor profile. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for patients looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we focus on. The facility offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is still important to determine whether this is adversely impacting the quality of care. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below the national average.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This particular facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, although this facility got docked a bit for its nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, it performed well in this metric.
Does this page answer your questions about Skyview Nursing Center?
Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive glowing inspections in recent years. We gave it a grade of just D for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades weigh many items on the facility's recent inspection reports. If you see severe deficiencies on the reports, this is generally the worst sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to patient safety. This particular facility had 4 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to patient safety or health. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was assessed large government fines in recent years totaling more than $100,000. This often signifies that a bad track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this nursing home didn't fare well here either. Due to a poor grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as terrible as it gets. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care may not provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 80.303024 percent of its patients. This is several points lower than what we expected. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Skyview Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Skyview Nursing Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Skyview Nursing Center, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that suffered falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Skyview Nursing Center, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Skyview Nursing Center, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Skyview Nursing Center, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Skyview Nursing Center, 3.91% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Skyview Nursing Center, 92.49% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Skyview Nursing Center, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Skyview Nursing Center, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Skyview Nursing Center, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Skyview Nursing Center, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Skyview Nursing Center, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Oklahoma City, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Oklahoma City, Oklahoma has 31 other nursing homes
- Alliancehealth MidwestAcute Care Hospitals 3.24 miles away2825 Parklawn Drive Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110Proprietary(405) 610-8585
- O U MedicineAcute Care Hospitals 3.41 miles away700 Ne 13th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 271-5911
- Ssm Health St Anthony Hospital - Oklahoma CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.77 miles away1000 North Lee Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73101Voluntary non-profit - Church(405) 272-7000
- Mcbride Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away9600 North Broadway Extension Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73114Physician(405) 486-2100
- Integris Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away4401 South Western Avenue Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Private(405) 636-7000
- Surgical Hospital of Oklahoma, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away100 Southeast 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73129Physician(405) 634-9300
- Oklahoma Heart Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 7.03 miles away5200 East I-240 Service Road Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73135Physician(405) 628-6000
- Onecore HealthAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away1044 Sw 44th, Suite 350 Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109Voluntary non-profit - Other(405) 631-3085
- Davita - Midwest City2.92 miles away7221 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 869-9600
- Davita - Heartland Dialysis3.22 miles away925 Ne Eighth Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (405) 236-3043
- Fmcna - Heritage Park3.85 miles away310 S. Highland Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73110CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (405) 733-1891
- Ou Children Dialysis4.14 miles awayOu Children's Dialysis Unit 1200 Everett Dr Ste 1-J Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73104Dialysis Stations: 6 (405) 271-3302
- Fmcna - North Central Oklahoma City4.27 miles away200 Ne 50th St Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (405) 557-0025
- Fmcna - Se Oklahoma4.86 miles away810 Nw 10th Ste B Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73106Dialysis Stations: 17 (405) 272-1553
- Davita - Rose Rock Dialysis5.28 miles away9913 E Reno Ave Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73130Dialysis Stations: 12 (405) 732-1576
- Davita - Oklahoma City South7.32 miles away319 Sw 59th Street Oklahoma City Oklahoma 73109CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (405) 634-3708