Skld West Bloomfield is one of five nursing homes in West Bloomfield, Michigan. With an overall score of D, this is a well below average facility. Unfortunately, this grade is not too far off the city grade for West Bloomfield, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still may be able to find a better option We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next section.
Skld West Bloomfield
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6950 Farmington Rd,
West Bloomfield MI 48322
72.78% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Although we were not very high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it an impressive grade of A for short-term care. This grade is much more impressive than the facility's overall grade, which could have been even worse without this category. In our short-term care category, we seek to craft a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In this process, we assess a facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This nursing home actually received a decent grade in the area of nursing as well. We awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is not a bad score. Nursing scores are mostly based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This figure is significantly below average. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. Although this nursing home got docked a bit for its nursing hours per resident, it excelled in some of these quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this subcategory. This is often an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of moving a resident even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Skld West Bloomfield?
We wanted to point out this facility's inspection rating where it received an F. You should pay close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection rating. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they created a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed significant government fines recently of more than $100,000. This generally signifies that a bad performance spanned more than one year.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated is long-term care. This facility received a poor grade of F in that category. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 99.55947 percent of its patients for pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Skld West Bloomfield Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Skld West Bloomfield, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Skld West Bloomfield, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Skld West Bloomfield, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Skld West Bloomfield, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that are prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Skld West Bloomfield, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Skld West Bloomfield, 3.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Skld West Bloomfield, 91.43% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Skld West Bloomfield, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Skld West Bloomfield, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Skld West Bloomfield, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Skld West Bloomfield, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Skld West Bloomfield, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Skld West Bloomfield, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for West Bloomfield, MI
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? West Bloomfield, Michigan has 4 other nursing homes
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away6777 West Maple Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 325-1000
- Beaumont Hospital - Farmington HillsAcute Care Hospitals 7 miles away28050 Grand River Avenue Farmington Michigan 48336Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 471-8000
- St Joseph Mercy OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 7.64 miles away44405 Woodward Ave Pontiac Michigan 48341Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 858-3000
- Mclaren OaklandAcute Care Hospitals 8.42 miles away50 N Perry St Pontiac Michigan 48342Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 338-5000
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal OakAcute Care Hospitals 9.6 miles away3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd Royal Oak Michigan 48073Voluntary non-profit - Private(248) 898-5000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Ascension Providence HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away16001 W Nine Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48075Voluntary non-profit - Church(248) 849-3011
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.86 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Davita West Bloomfield Dialysis2.11 miles away6010 W Maple Rd Ste 215 West Bloomfield Michigan 48322Dialysis Stations: 10 (248) 539-1025
- Ghs Western Regional Home Dialysis4.09 miles away39525 W 14 Mile Rd Ste 200 Novi Michigan 48377Dialysis Stations: 3 (248) 668-4180
- Fms Beaumont Health, LLC4.4 miles away26400 W 12 Mile Rd Ste 112 Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 228-8777
- Commerce Township Dialysis of Davita5.74 miles away120 W Commerce Rd Commerce Township Michigan 48382Dialysis Stations: 12 (248) 363-4862
- Davita - Orchard Square Dialysis6.49 miles away1900 S Telegraph Rd Ste 200 Bloomfield Hills Michigan 48302Dialysis Stations: 20 (248) 451-0954
- Nw Detroit Dialysis - Lahser Satellite6.58 miles away25664 Lahser Road Southfield Michigan 48034CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (248) 358-7521
- Davita - Riverwood Dialysis6.59 miles away24465 W 10 Mile Rd Southfield Michigan 48033Dialysis Stations: 16 (248) 352-3137
- Fmc - Botsford Park6.65 miles away28425 W 8 Mile Rd Livonia Michigan 48152CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (248) 427-0089