Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village is a nursing home located in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, which has a population of 26,747 people. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is among the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the top 25 facilities in the United States. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this facility performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few places performed this well in this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We were not able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This first-rate nursing home also was superb in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village?
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our nursing score analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth area, this nursing home also was awarded an A+ long-term care score, leaving it as one of just a handful of facilities to be awarded straight A+'s. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 92% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.48 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 15.22 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr6.37 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville7.02 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Fmc So Plainfield9.25 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center9.6 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway10.56 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis10.71 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Davita Durham Corners10.79 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Fmc East Morris11.17 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495