Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village is a nursing home located in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, which has a population of 26,747 people. Featuring an overall grade of A+, this nursing home is among the most impressive nursing homes we assessed. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the top 25 facilities in the United States. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this facility performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few places performed this well in this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. We were not able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing grades are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was long-term care. This facility also was given an A+ long-term care grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to be awarded several A+ category scores. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at was short-term care. This first-rate nursing home also performed extremely well in this category, in which it was given an A+. This wrapped up a perfect profile of A+'s. Short-term care ratings are crucial for patients in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 5.95% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Skilled Nursing at Fellowship Village, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.15 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.48 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 13.65 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 15.22 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.44 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- Davita Bridgewater Dialysis Ctr6.37 miles away2121 Route 22 West Bound Brook New Jersey 08805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 469-7202
- Physicians Dialysis Somerville7.02 miles away1 Route 206 North Somerville New Jersey 08876CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (908) 450-0396
- Fmc So Plainfield9.25 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center9.6 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030
- Fresenius Medical Care Piscataway10.56 miles away1135 Easton Ave Somerset New Jersey 08875Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 220-1043
- Davita Hillsborough Dialysis10.71 miles away220 Triangle Road Hillsborough New Jersey 08844Dialysis Stations: 10 (908) 369-0398
- Davita Durham Corners10.79 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Fmc East Morris11.17 miles away55 Madison Avenue Ste 100 Morristown New Jersey 07960Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 993-8495