Silver Creek Manor is a large nursing home located in Bristol, Rhode Island. We awarded it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. You could definitely do worse than this facility. One of the highlights of this facility's report card is its strong inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Silver Creek Manor
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bristol, Rhode Island Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Bristol, Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility received a decent overall grade, its inspections grade is notably more impressive than its overall grade. Due to a strong government inspection report this year, it earned one of our better scores in that category with a B+. Our inspection scores are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. We weren't able to track down information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We wish we had more data for this facility. Without having all of the deficiency related data, it is difficult to evaluate this nursing home in the inspections category.
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, our nursing scores also consider quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a place has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Silver Creek Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was short-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of C in this category. Our short-term care grade is typically used to score a nursing home's rehabilitation services In order to have high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. We found that this place was below average in the two key staffing areas we looked at. It provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our next area, this nursing home received a C for long-term care, which is a decent rating. With our long-term care rating, we assess the amount of care offered by a facility, as well as some qualitative measures. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We found that this facility provided the vaccine to just 80.523254 percent of its residents, which is well below average. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Silver Creek Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Silver Creek Manor, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Silver Creek Manor, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Silver Creek Manor, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents who sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Silver Creek Manor, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Silver Creek Manor, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Silver Creek Manor, 2.58% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some argue that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Silver Creek Manor, 94.38% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Silver Creek Manor, 16.46% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Silver Creek Manor, 20.63% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Silver Creek Manor, 1.22 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Silver Creek Manor, 20.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Silver Creek Manor, 12.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Silver Creek Manor, 77.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 7.04 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 9.03 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.33 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.28 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 11.31 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Newport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away11 Friendship Street Newport Rhode Island 02840Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 846-6400
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton6.44 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC7.75 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick9.01 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital10.09 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Dialysis Center of East Providence10.17 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital10.59 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of West Warwick11.33 miles away1775 Bald Hill Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (401) 823-8420
- Dialysis Center of Providence11.43 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898