Signature Healthcare of Memphis is in Memphis, Tennessee, which is one of the largest cities in the country. With an overall grade of B, this nursing home is a quality option. This turned out to be one of the top 10 nursing homes in Memphis. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Signature Healthcare of Memphis
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home also earned first-rate health inspections in recent years. We awarded it one of our higher grades in this area, with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively insignificant. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that CMS did not deem any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's above average category scores came in the area of long-term care. We gave them one of our more positive grades in that category, with a grade of B. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 89.2405 percent of its patients, which is a few points below what we expected. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare of Memphis?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed is short-term care. This nursing home received a favorable short-term care grade, with a grade of B in the area. In determining these short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. We weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
This nursing home's least impressive category was nursing, which is the final area we looked at. In this category, we awarded this facility a D. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare of Memphis Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 3.44% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had a fall resulting in serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 3.08% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 15.67% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 29.51% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 9.05% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 89.05% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 24.2% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 24.2 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare of Memphis, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 20 other nursing homes
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.74 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.45 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 9.75 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Regional One HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.83 miles away877 Jefferson Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Hospital District or Authority(901) 545-7928
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.07 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Memphis East Dialysis1.72 miles away6029 Walnut Grove Road, Suite c003 Memphis Tennessee 38120CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (901) 747-2316
- Fmc Summer2.91 miles away4569 Summer Ave Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38122Dialysis Stations: 15 (901) 767-0118
- Davita Wolf River Dialysis3.61 miles away7990 Trinity Road Suite 101 Cordova Tennessee 38018Dialysis Stations: 12 (901) 751-3120
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc3.93 miles away5020 English Towne Dr Memphis Tennessee 38128Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 266-1551
- Isd Bartlett LLC3.94 miles away2920 Covington Pike Memphis Tennessee 38128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (901) 248-6020
- Fmc Memphis Germantown4.08 miles away7640 Wolf River Circle Germantown Tennessee 38138Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 757-4119
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.4.33 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Heckscher Dialysis, LLC4.66 miles away8000 Wolf River Blvd Suite 106 Germantown Tennessee 38138Dialysis Stations: 17 (901) 757-4809