Signature Healthcare at Tanbark Rehab & Wellness C is one of seven nursing homes in Lexington, Kentucky. This proved to be an A+ rated facility. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires excellent marks across the board. This nursing home turned out to be one of the better nursing homes in the city, which has a good selection of nursing homes. This also proved to be a very consistent facility with consistent scores in all of our categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Signature Healthcare at Tanbark Rehab & Wellness C
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
1121 Tanbark Road,
Lexington KY 40515
74.41% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Kentucky Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in our short-term care rating, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. In determining these short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to formulate a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing rating is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare at Tanbark Rehab & Wellness C?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a impressive long-term care score. In fact, this ended up being its third most impressive category score. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility provided vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Finishing off this nursing home's impressive profile, we gave this facility an impressive grade of A for our inspections rating. With this grade, the facility completes its straight A report card. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare at Tanbark Rehab & Wellness C Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare at Tanbark Rehab & Wellness C, 13.87 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare at Tanbark Rehab & Wellness C, 72.54% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Lexington, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lexington, Kentucky has 6 other nursing homes
- Baptist Health LexingtonAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away1740 Nicholasville Road Lexington Kentucky 40503Voluntary non-profit - Other(859) 260-6104
- Saint Joseph EastAcute Care Hospitals 3.72 miles away150 North Eagle Creek Drive Lexington Kentucky 40509Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 967-5000
- University of Kentucky HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.5 miles away800 Rose Street Lexington Kentucky 40536Government - State(859) 257-2278
- Bluegrass Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 13.74 miles away360 Amsden Avenue Versailles Kentucky 40383Proprietary(859) 873-3111
- Georgetown Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away1140 Lexington Road Georgetown Kentucky 40324Proprietary(502) 868-1100
- Clark Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.54 miles away175 Hospital Drive Winchester Kentucky 40391Proprietary(859) 737-8559
- Baptist Health RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 19.58 miles away801 Eastern Bypass Richmond Kentucky 40475Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 623-3131
- Fmc- Lexington Southwest0.25 miles away978 Chas Drive Lexington Kentucky 40515Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 260-1706
- Fmc - Nalco Home Program3.55 miles away3284 Eagle View Drive Suite 120 Lexington Kentucky 40509Dialysis Stations: 3 (859) 299-3379
- Dci - South Lexington3.55 miles away2374 Professional Heights Dr. Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 23 (859) 967-0400
- Davita - Kentucky Home Training3.6 miles away2130 Nicholasville Road, Suite 5 Lexington Kentucky 40503Dialysis Stations: 6 (859) 277-9911
- Fmc- Lexington South Dialysis3.72 miles away171 N Eagle Creek Dr Ste 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 264-7775
- Davita - Hamburg Dialysis5.18 miles away1745 Alysheba Way, Suite 110 Lexington Kentucky 40509CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (859) 543-0084
- Fmc - Kentucky Renal Care Group - Lexington East6.38 miles away1101 Winchester Rd., Suite 100 Lexington Kentucky 40505Dialysis Stations: 16 (859) 225-4922
- Fmc - Nicholasville Dialysis7.45 miles away115 Orchard Place Dr. Nicholasville Kentucky 40356Dialysis Stations: 17 (859) 881-0332