With an address in Lebanon, Indiana, Signature Healthcare at Parkwood is one of five nursing homes in this area. With an overall grade of B-, this is a solid nursing home. Based on all of the relevant data, there are definitely much worse places out there. The best part of this nursing home's report card was its stellar inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Signature Healthcare at Parkwood
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was decent, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Arguably the most important factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this facility a grade of B in our long-term care category. This happens to be one of our better grades. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.17012 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Signature Healthcare at Parkwood?
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home was awarded impressive short-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our higher grades in this area, with a B. In crafting these short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This facility's least impressive category is nursing, which is the last area we assessed. For this area, we gave this facility a grade of D. Our nursing score weighs many subcategories, however, the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Signature Healthcare at Parkwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents that suffered a fall which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 12.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 91.48% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some experts would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Signature Healthcare at Parkwood, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Lebanon, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Lebanon, Indiana has 4 other nursing homes
- Witham Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 1.59 miles away2605 N Lebanon St Lebanon Indiana 46052Government - Local(765) 485-8000
- Indiana University Health Frankfort IncCritical Access Hospitals 14.97 miles away1300 S Jackson St Frankfort Indiana 46041Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 656-3000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.06 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 17.25 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 17.85 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.92 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Fmc - Liberty Dialysis - Lebanon, LLC1.08 miles away2485 N. Lebanon Street Lebanon Indiana 46052Dialysis Stations: 9 (765) 485-0533
- Davita - Brownsburg Clinic14.27 miles away124 East Northfield Drive Brownsburg Indiana 46112Dialysis Stations: 10 (317) 858-3561
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC15.67 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center16.32 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC16.76 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Fmc - Carmel16.94 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North17.77 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Davita - Eagle Highlands18.26 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423