Sharon Lane Health Services is an average-sized facility in Shawnee, Kansas. This facility appears to be ranked among the better facilities we assessed. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the nation. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Sharon Lane Health Services
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
10315 Johnson Drive,
Shawnee KS 66203
72.17% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received nearly flawless government inspections. Consequently, it earned one of our best grades in that category with an A+. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. You can't go wrong with a deficiency-free inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, this facility also received favorable short-term care scores this year. Indeed, we awarded it one of our stronger grades in that area, with a grade of B+. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Sharon Lane Health Services?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. In computing our nursing scores, we look at both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is long-term care. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a favorable grade of B. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sharon Lane Health Services Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 6.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 3.56% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents who have suffered from a UTI. Although more of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 18.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 5.66% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 91.03% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 16.97% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 17% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 1.79 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 12.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sharon Lane Health Services, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 2.01 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Overland Park Reg Med CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away10500 Quivira Road Lenexa Kansas 66215Proprietary(913) 541-5000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.96 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 8.01 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Lenexa Dialysis3.13 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100
- Johnson County Dialysis3.24 miles away10453 W 84th Terrace Overland Park Kansas 66214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (913) 492-2044
- Concerto Kansas, LLC3.34 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood5.22 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441
- Fkc - Lenexa5.26 miles away13201 W 98th St Lenexa Kansas 66215Dialysis Stations: 13 (913) 492-4571
- Davita Mission Dialysis5.77 miles away2852 W 47th Ave Kansas City Kansas 66103Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 403-1843
- Davita Overland Park Dialysis6.5 miles away12201 W 110th St Overland Park Kansas 66210Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 451-5984
- Wyandotte County Dialysis, L L C6.51 miles away5001 State Ave Kansas City Kansas 66102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (913) 287-5724