With an address in Shakopee, Minnesota, Shakopee Friendship Manor is one of only two available facilities there. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the top grades we offer. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Shakopee Friendship Manor
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In addition, this facility also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our best grades in that area with an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being quite minor. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Shakopee Friendship Manor?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing score assesses the facility's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care grade. This finished off a very favorable report card. With our short-term care grade, we endeavor to craft a fair barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we assess a nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Shakopee Friendship Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 4.58% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 93.31% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Shakopee Friendship Manor, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.63 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Ridgeview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.49 miles away500 South Maple Street Waconia Minnesota 55387Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 442-2191
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Ridges HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.6 miles away201 East Nicollet Boulevard Burnsville Minnesota 55337Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 892-2101
- Mayo Clinic Health System-New PragueCritical Access Hospitals 17.22 miles away301 2nd Street Northeast New Prague Minnesota 56071Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 758-4431
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.64 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 17.81 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Fms Dialysis - Shakopee2.64 miles away1515 Saint Francis Ave Ste 150 Shakopee Minnesota 55379CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 403-1038
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.3.64 miles away3000 Hundertmark Rd Suite 6 Chaska Minnesota 55318Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 443-3191
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita5.8 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita8.3 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Scott County Dialysis of Davita9.15 miles away7456 South Park Dr Savage Minnesota 55378Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 226-4766
- Edina Dialysis of Davita11.89 miles away6565 France Ave S Suite 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 920-8371
- Fmc - Southtown Dialysis12.02 miles away7901 Xerxes Ave S Ste 103 Minneapolis Minnesota 55431Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 881-6986
- Fresenius Medical Care - Waconia Dialysis12.54 miles away560 S Maple St, Ste 6 Waconia Minnesota 55387Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 442-4605