Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home is the only nursing home we found in Clarksboro, New Jersey. This facility is one of the highest-graded facilities we looked at. Receiving an A+ in our grading system requires excellent marks across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the 10 best facilities in New Jersey. If you scroll down, you will see this facility's category scores, which are just as strong as its overall rating.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Clarksboro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also want to emphasize the fact that this nursing home excelled in our nursing rating. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. The nursing grade is based on numerous datapoints. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving residents more often.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. Short-term care grades are commonly used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home?
The next category we looked at was inspections, where this facility also received an A+ grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we analyzed, this nursing home was awarded a very favorable grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home finished off a straight A report card. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 2.74% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 3.85% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 1.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for several conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 40.52% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 2.38% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 100% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 3.51% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 4.61% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 4.61% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 3.37% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 99.28% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 10.32 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp4.45 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell4.45 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr4.75 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC4.88 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC6.54 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383
- Davita - West Philadelphia Dialysis7.26 miles away7609 Lindberg Boulevard Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19153Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 937-1103
- Fresenius Medical Care Swedesboro7.41 miles away301 Lexington Road Swedesboro New Jersey 08085Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 467-1269
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis7.68 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230