Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home is a small government-owned nursing home in Clarksboro, New Jersey. This facility is ranked among the best facilities we found. Being awarded an A+ in our grading scheme requires excellent scores across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it as one of the 25 best nursing homes in New Jersey. If you look below, you can see this nursing home's category grades, which look to be equally strong as its overall grade.
Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
256 County House Road,
Clarksboro NJ 08020
59.5% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home excelled in our nursing grade. We awarded them an A+ in this area. Nursing ratings are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a patient more often.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to be given more than one A+ category grades. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home?
This facility also had a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it earned one of our top grades in that area with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively insignificant. Amazingly, this was one of the few nursing homes in the country that had no deficiencies whatsoever on its inspection report. This is very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final category, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong long-term care grade, with an A. This finished off a rare straight A profile. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term patients which experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision can reduce the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 6.37% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Shady Lane Gloucester Co Home, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 8.93 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaChildrens 10.32 miles away34th St & Civic Center Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 590-3745
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Thomas Jefferson University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away111 South 11th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 955-6000
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Penn Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away51 North 39th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19104Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 662-8000
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.05 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp4.45 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell4.45 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr4.75 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC4.88 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Dialysis Unit of Center City Philadelphia, LLC6.54 miles away230 N. Broad Street Bobst Building, 12th Floor Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19102Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 563-9383
- Davita - West Philadelphia Dialysis7.26 miles away7609 Lindberg Boulevard Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19153Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 937-1103
- Fresenius Medical Care Swedesboro7.41 miles away301 Lexington Road Swedesboro New Jersey 08085Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 467-1269
- Davita Brooklawn Dialysis7.68 miles away700 Crescent Blvd Ste 10b Gloucester City New Jersey 08030Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 456-1230