Seven Hills Pediatric Center is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Groton, Massachusetts. This nursing home is a grade A facility, which is a phenomenal rating. You really can not do much better than this place. This facility also received very consistent scores in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Seven Hills Pediatric Center
- Nursing Home
- For Children
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Very few nursing homes fared this well in this category. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report, which is still very impressive. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This first-rate nursing home also was superb in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A+. Very few facilities performed better in this category. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Seven Hills Pediatric Center?
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Our nursing score focuses on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we assessed, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our short-term care category. With this score, the facility wrapped up a very strong profile. Short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Seven Hills Pediatric Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. However, this metric may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 1.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression. Some believe this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Seven Hills Pediatric Center, 91.63% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Health Alliance - Clinton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away60 Hospital Road Leominster Massachusetts 01453Voluntary non-profit - Other(978) 466-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.95 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.2 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.1 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Davita Nashua Dialysis11.87 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Davita Pdi Fitchburg12.36 miles away551 Electric Avenue Fitchburg Massachusetts 01420CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 343-4100
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford12.51 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.12.56 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Dci Walden Pond13.99 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center14.95 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell15.3 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100