Serenity Hill Nursing Center is a small nursing home located in Wrentham, Massachusetts. This nursing home was given an A- overall, which is one of our higher ratings. We can not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its grades are as good as they get. This nursing home also received very consistent scores in each of our categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Serenity Hill Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
655 Dedham St,
Wrentham MA 02093
78.18% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this nursing home has earned excellent government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's second best category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a score of A-. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 78.46154 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be somewhat lower than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Serenity Hill Nursing Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. Our nursing rating analyzes a handful of subcategories, but the primary one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is short-term care, in which this facility received a grade of B. This actually proved to be this facility's least impressive area. A facility is doing something right when their lowest grade still is superior to most facilities. Short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Serenity Hill Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 2.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 91.39% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Serenity Hill Nursing Center, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 9.68 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.04 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.19 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away235 North Pearl Street Brockton Massachusetts 02301Proprietary(508) 427-3000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - NeedhamAcute Care Hospitals 14.02 miles away148 Chestnut Street Needham Heights Massachusetts 02494Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 453-3002
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Us Renal Care Foxborough Dialysis1.27 miles away10 Lincoln Rd Suite 101 Foxboro Massachusetts 02035Dialysis Stations: 9 (774) 215-5696
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket9.57 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Attleboro Dialysis Center9.68 miles away111 Pleasant St Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 226-0218
- Dialysis Center of Attleboro LLC10.51 miles away217 South Main Street Store 7 Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Dialysis Stations: 18 (508) 236-6041
- Pure Life Renal of Stoughton, LLC10.74 miles awayMed. Office Bldg Suite m107 907 Sumner Street Stoughton Massachusetts 02072CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 341-8550
- Westwood Dialysis Center (Bma Westwood)11.07 miles away90 Glacier Drive Westwood Massachusetts 02090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 326-9985
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley11.12 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Brockton Dialysis Center, LLC12.8 miles away375 Westgate Drive Brockton Massachusetts 02301Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 586-2791