Santa Fe Lodge is a small facility in El Monte, California. It looks like this nursing home is one of the higher-graded nursing homes we looked at. A grade in this range requires very strong marks across the board. Indeed, this proved to be better than many of the facilities in El Monte, which has a good selection of nursing homes. Scroll down to find this facility's category grades, which are also quite good. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Santa Fe Lodge
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this facility also excelled in our long-term care category, where it received an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing scores are mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Santa Fe Lodge?
Adding yet another impressive category grade, we gave this facility a grade of B+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite insignificant. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was short-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of B. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Santa Fe Lodge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Santa Fe Lodge, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Santa Fe Lodge, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who sustained a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Santa Fe Lodge, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents which have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Santa Fe Lodge, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Santa Fe Lodge, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Santa Fe Lodge, 4.33% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Santa Fe Lodge, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Santa Fe Lodge, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many believe this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Santa Fe Lodge, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility.
In Santa Fe Lodge, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Santa Fe Lodge, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Santa Fe Lodge, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Scores for El Monte, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? El Monte, California has 7 other nursing homes
- Methodist Hospital of Southern CaAcute Care Hospitals 3.27 miles away300 W Huntington Dr Arcadia California 91006Voluntary non-profit - Private(626) 445-4441
- San Gabriel Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.36 miles away438 W Las Tunas Drive San Gabriel California 91776Proprietary(626) 289-5454
- Garfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.55 miles away525 N Garfield Ave Monterey Park California 91754Proprietary(626) 573-2222
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Beverly HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away309 W Beverly Blvd Montebello California 90640Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 726-1222
- Huntington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.51 miles away100 W California Blvd Pasadena California 91109Voluntary non-profit - Other(626) 397-5000
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 9.01 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- Temple City Dialysis Facility, Inc.2.15 miles away9945 Lower Azusa Road Temple City California 91780CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 442-3400
- Davita-Greater El Monte Dialysis Center2.98 miles away1938 Tyler Avenue, Suite J-168 South El Monte California 91733CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (626) 350-6692
- Advanced Dialysis Center3.3 miles away3932 Downing Avenue Baldwin Park California 91706Dialysis Stations: 18 (626) 856-3333
- Davita-Arcadia Oaks Dialysis3.53 miles away721 W Huntington Drive, Suite a-D Arcadia California 91007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (626) 294-9682
- Davita-Rosemead Springs Dialysis Center3.6 miles away3212 Rosemead Blvd. El Monte California 91731CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (626) 280-2080
- Fmc-El Monte3.6 miles away11204 E. Rush Street South El Monte California 91733Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 582-1121
- Mountain View Dialysis Center, Inc.3.6 miles away900 S. Mountain Avenue Monrovia California 91016Dialysis Stations: 24 (626) 932-1810
- Davita-Covina Dialysis Center4.46 miles away1547 W. Garvey Avenue North West Covina California 91790CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (626) 960-9404