San Jacinto Healthcare is an average-sized nursing home located in Hemet, California. With an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is among the highest graded facilities in Hemet, which offers some quality facilities. In our view, this nursing home should be a great choice for most people. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
San Jacinto Healthcare
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
275 North San Jacinto Street,
Hemet CA 92543
62.42% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it received an impressive inspection grade. Inspections ended up being its best category. In this category, we gave this nursing home an A. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about San Jacinto Healthcare?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Very few facilities fared better in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This category is generally a useful assessment of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at proved to be this nursing home's worst area. However, even its lowest point would actually be a strength for most facilities. We awarded it a strong grade of B in our long-term care category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
San Jacinto Healthcare Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who maintained mobility.
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In San Jacinto Healthcare, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 15.2 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 16.68 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.7 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Davita-Hemet2.61 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center3.66 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Banning Dialysis12.35 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont12.37 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis13.11 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis13.12 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Murrieta16.2 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.45 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196