Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab is a nursing home in Trenton, New Jersey. This city has a total of 230,121 people. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a subpar nursing home. Keep in mind that Trenton received a city grade of B, so should consider other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong inspection reports. You can scroll down to find out about inspections and other category scores
Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Registered Staff Hours
While we were fairly low on this nursing home overall, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. Our inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with a bunch of severe deficiencies flagged. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is always a good sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to note that this nursing home received strong long-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our more favorable grades in this category, with a grade of B+. This proved to be the facility's second strongest grade. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 95.59748 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was short-term care. This nursing home's was given an abysmal short-term care grade where it received an F. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more important for people requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we learned that this place offers far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
The last area we rated was nursing. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is a poor score. In computing our nursing scores, we analyze both nursing hours and the levels of licensure of the nurses. With just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day, this facility's nurse staffing levels were quite a bit below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients who had a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who had a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic can also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 5.95% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients health.
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Royal Health Gate Nrsg Rehab, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Trenton, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Trenton, New Jersey has 10 other nursing homes
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.83 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.67 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.49 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 17.44 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Physicians Dialysis Lawrenceville0.22 miles away1840 Princeton Avenue Lawrence Township New Jersey 08648CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 278-0999
- Fmc Trenton0.67 miles away40 Fuld Street 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (609) 394-5104
- Davita Renal Ctr Trenton1.66 miles awayC/O St. Francis Hospital 601 Hamilton Ave 1st Floor Trenton New Jersey 08629Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 393-2388
- H. Fuld Capital Health1.83 miles awayDialysis Unit 750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (609) 394-6000
- Fmc Ewing2.29 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600
- Davita Renal Center Hamilton3.61 miles away1013 Whitehorse Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08610Dialysis Stations: 19 (609) 438-3002
- Fmc Hamilton Home LLC4.03 miles away3836 Quakerbridge Road Suite 208 Trenton New Jersey 08619Dialysis Stations: 4 (609) 586-5001
- Fmc Hamilton Square4.05 miles awayTwo Hamilton Health Place Trenton New Jersey 08690CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 689-9260