Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation is a small nursing home located in Alliance, Ohio. This nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel overall rating based on the data we looked at. Based on our ratings, this facility is not a good fit for anyone. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
11999 Klinger Avenue Ne,
Alliance OH 44601
93.63% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this nursing home a horrible overall score, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. Our inspection ratings are tied to many datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these inspections. You should especially avoid facilities that have severe deficiencies linked to risks to resident well being. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare poorly in the area of long-term care. Indeed, we gave it a C in that category, which is another one of its higher grades. Our long-term care grade assesses a nursing home's assistance with daily living instead of the skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.319725 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was awarded just a D in this category. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is considered to be a useful measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Not surprisingly, we found that this place provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The final category we graded is nursing. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this area, which is a rock bottom score. In determining our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home averaged just 2.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below the national average. Unfortunately, this nursing home also had terrible marks in some of the quality-based metrics to go along with its low nursing hour totals. We looked at the percent of residents suffering pressure ulcers and we were very disappointed. This facility was at approximately 1.5 times the national average in this statistic. This is a bad sign when you consider that many pressure ulcers could be avoided with better nursing care. This statistic helped pull down this nursing home's nursing rating quite a bit.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who had falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 19.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 90.11% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roselawn Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Alliance, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Alliance, Ohio has 4 other nursing homes
- Alliance Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.17 miles away200 East State Street Alliance Ohio 44601Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 596-7018
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.94 miles away1320 Mercy Drive Nw Canton Ohio 44708Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 489-1080
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.25 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Aultman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.83 miles away2600 Sixth Street Sw Canton Ohio 44710Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 363-6352
- Davita - Alliance Community Dialysis3.15 miles away270 E State Street, Suite 110 Alliance Ohio 44601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 821-1657
- Fmc - Salem South15.63 miles away2345 East Pershing Street Salem Ohio 44460CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 332-2958
- Davita - Mercy Canton Dialysis16.91 miles away1320 Mercy Drive N W Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 580-4001
- Davita Ravenna Dialysis Total Renal Care17.55 miles away600 Enterprise Parkway Ravenna Ohio 44266Dialysis Stations: 9 (330) 297-5846
- Davita Belden Community Dialysis17.72 miles away4685 Fulton Road Nw Canton Ohio 44718CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (330) 649-9300
- Fmc- Stark County Dialysis17.88 miles away2835 Tuscarawas Street West Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 17 (330) 456-3997
- Davita Canton Dialysis17.93 miles away2912 W Tuscarawas St Canton Ohio 44708Dialysis Stations: 27 (330) 458-0150
- Kamaka Dialysis LLC17.97 miles away1587 Boettler Rd Suite 130 Uniontown Ohio 44685Dialysis Stations: 14 (330) 899-0035