Rosary Care Center is a senior living facility located in Sylvania, Ohio, which has a total of 32,226 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score of this caliber requires some solid marks. The nursing homes in Sylvania received quality grades across the board with a city grade of a B. The best part of this facility's report card was its remarkable inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Rosary Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home outperformed its overall grade in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, we gave it one of our best scores in this area with an A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively insignificant. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to note that this nursing home was given positive long-term care marks in this assessment. We gave them one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the nursing home's second strongest score. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rosary Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area ended up being its short-term care score, where it received a B-. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Moving on to the final area, this facility was awarded a C in nursing, which is a decent score. Our nursing score assesses many components, but the paramount one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rosary Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rosary Care Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rosary Care Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rosary Care Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rosary Care Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rosary Care Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rosary Care Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rosary Care Center, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rosary Care Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rosary Care Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Rosary Care Center, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rosary Care Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rosary Care Center, 12 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Sylvania, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Sylvania, Ohio has 6 other nursing homes
- Mercy St Anne HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away3404 Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 407-2663
- Toledo Hospital TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away2142 North Cove Boulevard Toledo Ohio 43606Voluntary non-profit - Private(419) 291-7463
- University of Toledo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.63 miles away3000 Arlington Avenue Toledo Ohio 43699Government - State(419) 383-4848
- Northwest Ohio Psychiatric HospitalPsychiatric 8.19 miles away930 South Detroit Avenue Toledo Ohio 43614Government - State(419) 381-1881
- Mercy Health St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.91 miles away2213 Cherry Street Toledo Ohio 43608Voluntary non-profit - Church(419) 251-3232
- St Luke's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.45 miles away5901 Monclova Road Maumee Ohio 43537Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 893-5900
- Bay Park Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.25 miles away2801 Bay Park Drive Oregon Ohio 43616Voluntary non-profit - Other(419) 690-7700
- Davita - Flower Dialysis0.67 miles away5308 Harroun Rd., Suite 60 Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 12 (419) 824-6074
- Dialysis Centers of Greater Toledo1.33 miles away7635 W. Sylvania Avenue Sylvania Ohio 43560Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 517-2002
- Dialysis Center of Northwest Ohio, Ltd.3.68 miles away2249 North Reynolds Road Toledo Ohio 43615CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 535-7415
- Us Renal Care Northwest Ohio Dialysis3.88 miles away3829 Woodley Road Suite C-12 Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 15 (419) 473-9900
- Fresenius Kidney Care Westgate4.11 miles away3546 West Sylvania Avenue Toledo Ohio 43623Dialysis Stations: 13 (419) 474-3379
- Fmc - Toledo Central Dialysis4.97 miles away3100 West Central Avenue, Suite 100 Toledo Ohio 43606CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (419) 539-4000
- Davita - West Toledo5 miles away2900 Carrskadon Avenue Toledo Ohio 43606Dialysis Stations: 17 (419) 531-0755
- Fmc - Toledo Laskey Dialysis5.23 miles away2532 W. Laskey Road Toledo Ohio 43613CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (419) 474-8995