Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge is a facility located in Old Bridge, New Jersey, which has 39,898 people. Sporting an overall rating of A-, this is undoubtedly a very good nursing home. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top quarter of all facilities nationally. This facility also received very consistent grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1133 Marlboro Road,
Old Bridge NJ 08857
88.16% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving an elite overall grade, this facility earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the best complements we can offer a nursing home. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area tend to have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its impressive assessments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our long-term care rating. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 97.81022 percent of its residents, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is too frequently a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.24 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Our nursing grade is largely associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at certain nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these datapoints as good measures of the caliber of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we scored is short-term care. In this area, we awarded this nursing home a strong grade of B. Our short-term care grades are vital for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final measure we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately returned home from the facility. This place fared better than most facilities in this area with 53.8 percent of its patients returning home. With most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 2.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 1.67% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 10.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 17.39% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 5.91% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 92.7% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 11.08% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 14.69% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 14.69 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 8.11 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 81.01% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Old Bridge, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Old Bridge, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 17.38 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.68 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Davita Freehold Dialysis4.76 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Matawan Dialysis5.23 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan5.36 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr6.07 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931
- Davita East Brunswick6.14 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis7.21 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe8.27 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Dci Freehold8.78 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200