Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge is located in Old Bridge, New Jersey, a city with a total of 39,898 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite facilities we looked at. It was given one of the best ratings we offer. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category grades, which also impressed us. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Old Bridge senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home has earned excellent inspections recently. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively minor. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end profile, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A for that area. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 98.89094 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. The nursing score features a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home received a very strong grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility topped off a straight A profile. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 6.37% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 89.73% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 17.38 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.68 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Davita Freehold Dialysis4.76 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Matawan Dialysis5.23 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan5.36 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr6.07 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931
- Davita East Brunswick6.14 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis7.21 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe8.27 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Dci Freehold8.78 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200