Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge is located in Old Bridge, New Jersey, a city with a total of 39,898 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite facilities we looked at. It was given one of the best ratings we offer. You flat out can't do much better than this nursing home. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category grades, which are also impressive. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility has received near flawless government inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. The nursing grade weighs quite a few subcategories, but the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a policy of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a impressive long-term care grade. This actually ended up being this nursing home's third most impressive category grade. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.80622 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is short-term care, where this facility was given a B+. This topped off a very impressive profile. Few facilities earned a B+ or better in in each area we assessed. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more important for individuals needing a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which sustained a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 5.95% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 91.97% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Old Bridge, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Old Bridge, New Jersey has 3 other nursing homes
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 17.38 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Staten Island University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.68 miles away475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305Voluntary non-profit - Private(418) 226-9761
- Davita Freehold Dialysis4.76 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Matawan Dialysis5.23 miles away764 Highway 34 Suite A Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 583-1085
- Fmc Madison Dialysis at Matawan5.36 miles away625 Highway 34 Matawan New Jersey 07747Dialysis Stations: 9 (732) 566-0471
- Dva Old Bridge Dialysis Ctr6.07 miles awayDavita Kidney Care 262 Texas Rd Old Bridge New Jersey 08857CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 591-4931
- Davita East Brunswick6.14 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Davita Holmdel Dialysis7.21 miles away668 North Beers Street Holmdel New Jersey 07733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 302-0321
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe8.27 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Dci Freehold8.78 miles away901 West Main St Suite 202 Freehold New Jersey 07728CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (732) 677-5200