Rockwall Nursing Care Center is a senior living facility in Rockwall, Texas, which has a population of 56,131 people. With an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the road facility. Based on the data we reviewed, there are definitely much worse facilities out there. One of the better aspects of this facility's report card is its strong inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Rockwall Nursing Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rockwall senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned an inspection score which is stronger than its overall rating. Inspection grades are based on a facility's recent government inspections. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Inspection grades are tied to many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
One of this nursing home's more favorable category scores came in the area of long-term care. This ended up being its second best category. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. Long-term care scores are meaningful for individuals needing non-healthcare services such as personal care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 90.97222 percent of its residents, which is a few points less than we anticipated. Nevertheless, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Rockwall Nursing Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category came in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The tricky part is determining what effect this had on the quality of care. The last datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below the national average.
The next area we assessed was nursing, which is a weak link for this nursing home. We awarded this facility a grade of D for nursing. In calculating a facility's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home offered only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rockwall Nursing Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 4.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who are suffering from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 5.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 0.77% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 20.43% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 35.37% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 3.94% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 95.49% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 12.5% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 19.13% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 19.13% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rockwall Nursing Care Center, 6.01% of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital RockwallAcute Care Hospitals 2.84 miles away3150 Horizon Road Rockwall Texas 75032Proprietary(469) 698-1000
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Lake PointeAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away6800 Scenic Dr Rowlett Texas 75088Proprietary(972) 412-2273
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center SunnyvaleAcute Care Hospitals 12.05 miles away231 South Collins Road Sunnyvale Texas 75182Proprietary(972) 892-3000
- Methodist Richardson Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away2831 E President George Bush Highway Richardson Texas 75082Government - Hospital District or Authority(469) 204-1000
- Dallas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.2 miles away1011 North Galloway Avenue Mesquite Texas 75149Proprietary(214) 320-7000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 15.72 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital AllenAcute Care Hospitals 17.89 miles away1105 Central Expressway North Allen Texas 75013Government - Federal(972) 747-6197
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Presbyterian HospitAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away7115 Greenville Avenue Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Proprietary(214) 647-5300
- Rockwall Dialysis Center1.77 miles away2346 Greencrest Blvd Rockwall Texas 75087Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 722-4781
- Liberty Dialysis - Rockwall2.46 miles away2850 Ridge Road Suite 112 Rockwall Texas 75032Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 961-4336
- Davita Rowlett Dialysis4.04 miles away7700 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 100a Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 607-1479
- Usrc Rowlett, LLC4.12 miles away7600 Lakeview Parkway Suite 200 Rowlett Texas 75088Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 412-1631
- Fresenius Medical Care Rowlett5.67 miles away3801 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 100 Rowlett Texas 75088CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (214) 703-6951
- Wylie Dialysis7.76 miles away941 South Westgate Way Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 15 (972) 429-4315
- Liberty Dialysis - Wylie Murphy8.29 miles away2300 W Fm 544 Suite 140 Wylie Texas 75098Dialysis Stations: 18 (972) 429-3700
- Garland Dialysis10.11 miles away776 E Centerville Road Garland Texas 75041CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 278-2757