Robbinsdale a Villa Center is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Minneapolis, Minnesota with a total of 1,022,298 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack grade. The facilities in Minneapolis received a city grade of B+ so this is not the only reliable option in the city. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Robbinsdale a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its relatively modest overall score, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our inspections rating. This grade is far better than the facility's overall rating. Our inspection ratings are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an B+. There are a variety of criteria within this category. Many of these factors relate to staffing levels. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Robbinsdale a Villa Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the area of long-term care, with a C. Our long-term care grades are critical for individuals requiring personal care. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 93.08756 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was short-term care, turned out to be this nursing home's worst area. We awarded this nursing home a D in that area. This was one of the few dings on a very solid profile. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This score is often a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 3.7 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Robbinsdale a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 4.58% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 93.31% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Robbinsdale a Villa Center, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 0.44 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 5.09 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.09 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita0.48 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis1.28 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.66 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit4.38 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Davita - New Hope4.44 miles away5640 International Pkwy Minneapolis Minnesota 55428Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 537-0300
- East River Road Dialysis4.48 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita4.79 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita4.9 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972