Riverview Rehabilitation is a small nursing home located in Boise, Idaho. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-rated facilities we assessed. Being awarded an A+ in our rating system requires first-rate marks across the board. Boise features a variety of other nursing homes, however, we doubt you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a high quality option. Headlining this place's exemplary profile is its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3550 West Americana Terrace,
Boise ID 83706
84.66% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it received an elite grade of A+. In our short-term care category, we seek to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. This nursing home is the gold standard when it comes to skilled nursing staffing. The facility supplied about 50% more registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the typical nursing home. This is what we look for when grading a facility in this category. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in this area with 68 percent of its residents returning home.
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Nursing ratings are tied to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 5.1 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This was one of the highest totals we found. Furthermore, we found that a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. These are both really impressive figures. In addition to offering high levels of care, this place also excelled in the quality-based metrics we assessed. For example, it performed as well as any nursing home in the nation when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We view these areas as good indicators of the quality of nursing care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverview Rehabilitation?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last category, this nursing home also received a very strong long-term care rating, with an A. This wrapped up a very strong profile. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, we were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverview Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverview Rehabilitation, 12.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverview Rehabilitation, 75.42% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Boise, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Boise, Idaho has 9 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- Table Rock Dialysis Center1.32 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise1.53 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian6.3 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center6.64 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa17.9 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Nampa Dialysis Center18.2 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180