Riverview Rehabilitation is a small facility located in Boise, Idaho. This nursing home proved to be an A+ facility. Receiving an A+ in our grading system takes excellent marks across the board. This turned out to be the best facility in Boise. If you scroll down, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are just as strong as its overall score.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Idaho Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Boise, Idaho Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall score, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care score. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes additional skilled nursing services. This includes a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The last metric we assessed in this area is the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 7.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. When determining our nursing ratings, we look at both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverview Rehabilitation?
Tallying another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an impressive grade of A. Our inspection grades account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to create an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we rated was long-term care, where this nursing home was given an A. This wrapped up a very impressive report card. Few nursing homes received an A- or better in all four categories. For patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. We were not able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverview Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Riverview Rehabilitation, 11.12 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Riverview Rehabilitation, 75.93% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Boise, ID
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Boise, Idaho has 9 other nursing homes
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away1055 North Curtis Road Boise Idaho 83706Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 367-2121
- St Luke's Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.65 miles away190 East Bannock Street Boise Idaho 83712Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 381-2222
- Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - NampaAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away4300 E Flamingo Ave Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Church(208) 205-0050
- St Luke's Nampa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away9850 W St Lukes Drive Ste 250 Nampa Idaho 83687Voluntary non-profit - Private(208) 505-2000
- Table Rock Dialysis Center1.32 miles away5610 W Gage St, Suite B Boise Idaho 83706CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (208) 658-8111
- Liberty Dialysis - Boise1.53 miles away1109 W Myrtle St Ste 120 Boise Idaho 83702Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 333-8315
- Liberty Dialysis - Meridian6.3 miles away3525 E Louise Dr Suite 100 Meridian Idaho 83642Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 846-9815
- Treasure Valley Dialysis Center6.64 miles away3045 E St. Lukes Street Ste 105 Meridian Idaho 83642CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (208) 887-2174
- Liberty Dialysis - Nampa17.9 miles away280 West Georgia Avenue Nampa Idaho 83686CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (208) 463-8558
- Nampa Dialysis Center18.2 miles away846 Parkcentre Way Nampa Idaho 83651Dialysis Stations: 15 (208) 467-5180