With an address in Brighton, Colorado, Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton is the lone option located there. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade in this range requires strong scores in most areas. This place definitely has plenty of good features. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Brighton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among the reasons we graded this nursing home so favorably is that it was given a very impressive long-term care score. Indeed, long-term care ended up being its second highest category score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a score of A. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. After considering the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 96.09929 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. We scrutinized the levels of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses worked with residents, in computing our grade in this area. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this facility was awarded an acceptable short-term care score. Although this is not nearly as good as several of its other category grades, this is truly not the end of the world. Our short-term care grade is often used to score a facility's rehabilitation services. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It does not appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 5.67% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 3.72% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 2.04% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 17.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 12.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 3.91% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 84.62% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 15.34% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Some would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 16.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Riverdale Rehab and Care Community of Brighton, 16.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Platte Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.92 miles away1600 Prairie Center Pkwy Brighton Colorado 80601Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 498-1601
- St Anthony North Health CampusAcute Care Hospitals 10.78 miles away14300 Orchard Pkwy Broomfield Colorado 80023Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 627-0000
- North Suburban Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away9191 Grant St Denver Colorado 80229Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 451-7800
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.35 miles away200 Exempla Circle Lafayette Colorado 80026Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 689-4000
- Uchealth Broomfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.69 miles away11820 Destination Drive Broomfield Colorado 80021Proprietary(303) 460-6000
- Children's Hospital ColoradoChildrens 17.06 miles away13123 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Voluntary non-profit - Private(720) 777-1234
- University of Colorado Hospital AuthorityAcute Care Hospitals 17.12 miles away12605 E 16th Ave Aurora Colorado 80045Government - Hospital District or Authority(720) 848-0000
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.76 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Platte Valley Dialysis1.9 miles away1321 S 4th Ave Suite 100 Brighton Colorado 80601Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 654-8202
- Brighton Dialysis (Dva)2.16 miles away4700 E Bromley Ln Ste 103 Brighton Colorado 80601CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 659-2511
- North Metro Denver Dialysis (Dva)11.68 miles away12365 Huron St Ste 500 Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 451-9093
- Kidney Center of Northridge (Ara)12.34 miles away1865 W 121st Ave, Ste 300c Denver Colorado 80234Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 429-9550
- Thornton Kidney Center LLC (Ara)13.62 miles away8451 Pearl Street Denver Colorado 80229Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 227-9981
- Thornton Dialysis (Dva)13.84 miles away8800 Fox Dr Denver Colorado 80260CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 430-7020
- Commerce City Dialysis (Dva)13.86 miles away6320 Holly St Commerce City Colorado 80022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 853-4300
- Montbello Dialysis13.97 miles away4834 Chambers Road Denver Colorado 80239Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 371-1502