Rivercrest Long Term Care is one of just three nursing homes in Concord, Massachusetts. This nursing home is an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating scheme requires excellent scores across the board. We were impressed enough to rank this nursing home as one of the 50 best nursing homes in Massachusetts. Scroll down to find this facility's category scores, which also impressed us. You just can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Rivercrest Long Term Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the area of long-term care, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes did better in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 97.64706 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our inspection category, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent government inspections. We awarded it an A for that category. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area typically have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Rivercrest Long Term Care?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing score includes many factors, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we analyzed, this facility received an impressive grade grade of A in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility topped off a straight A report card. Our short-term care ratings are likely most critical for folks requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rivercrest Long Term Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents that have sustained a urinary tract infection. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 1.95% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 91.63% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that retained mobility levels.
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Rivercrest Long Term Care, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Emerson Hospital -Acute Care Hospitals 0.16 miles away133 Old Road to 9 Acre Corner Concord Massachusetts 01742Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 369-1400
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 9.03 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Newton-Wellesley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.46 miles away2014 Washington Street Newton Lower Falls Massachusetts 02462Voluntary non-profit - Other(617) 243-6000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.11 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Mount Auburn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.23 miles away330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 492-3500
- Dci Walden Pond1.14 miles away56 B Winthrop Street Concord Massachusetts 01742Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 369-1683
- The Dialysis Center at Waltham9.43 miles away135 Beaver Street, Suite 111 Waltham Massachusetts 02452Dialysis Stations: 14 (781) 642-0331
- Davita Burlington Regional Dialysis9.95 miles away31 Mall Road-Dialysis Suite 1b Burlington Massachusetts 01803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 270-3580
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford10.42 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981
- Davita Woburn Dialysis11.39 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Wellesley Dialysis11.4 miles away195 Worcester Street Lower Level Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 02481Dialysis Stations: 18 (781) 431-1414
- Davita Northeast Cambridge Dialysis11.76 miles away799 Concord Avenue Cambridge Massachusetts 02138CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (617) 547-7700
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham11.81 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801