Renaissance Manor on Cabot is located in Holyoke, Massachusetts. The city has a total of 39,880 people. We gave this facility world class overall rating of A. This is one of the highest graded facilities in Holyoke, which features plenty of quality facilities. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are also quite good. It is hard to poke holes in this place's profile.
Renaissance Manor on Cabot
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
279 Cabot Street,
Holyoke MA 01040
42.62% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. Our inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its dominant resume, this nursing home also performed well in our long-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for the category. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 78.43137 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which happens to be a few points less than we anticipated but still a respectable figure. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Renaissance Manor on Cabot?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing rating assesses many factors, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Massachusetts in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of moving a patient even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this facility received a high-end short-term care grade. While this was not nearly as elite as several of its other scores, this is still one of our stronger grades we offer. Our short-term care scores are considered to be more meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Renaissance Manor on Cabot Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 1.93% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 91.44% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate decline of a resident's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Holyoke, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Holyoke, Massachusetts has 6 other nursing homes
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.64 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,TheAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away30 Locust Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 582-2000
- Baystate Noble HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away115 West Silver Street Westfield Massachusetts 01085Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 568-2811
- Baystate Wing Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away40 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Voluntary non-profit - Other(413) 283-7651
- Ara-Holyoke Dialysis LLC2.76 miles away36 Lower Westfield Rd Unit C-153 Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Dialysis Stations: 20 (413) 533-3128
- Dialysis Center of Western Massachusetts3.15 miles away601 Memorial Drive, Suite H Chicopee Massachusetts 01020Dialysis Stations: 15 (413) 593-3078
- Chicopee Dialysis Center3.85 miles awayI 391 Industrial Park 317 Meadow Street Chicopee Massachusetts 01013Dialysis Stations: 17 (413) 535-2529
- Pioneer Valley Dialysis Center4.56 miles away208 Ashley Avenue West Springfield Massachusetts 01089CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (413) 750-3400
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)7 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586
- Western Mass. Kidney Center (Bma Springfield)7.03 miles away2000 Main Street Springfield Massachusetts 01103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (413) 739-4751
- Springfield Dialysis Center7.45 miles away125 Liberty Street, Suite 101 Springfield Massachusetts 01103Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 736-9600
- Hampshire County Dialysis Center7.49 miles away84 Conz Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 586-7989