Renaissance Manor on Cabot is located in Holyoke, Massachusetts. The city has a total of 39,880 people. We gave this facility world class overall rating of A+. This is one of the highest graded facilities in Holyoke, which features plenty of quality facilities. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. Scroll down to see this facility's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Renaissance Manor on Cabot
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving an elite overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ inspection score. This is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. Our inspection ratings are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing scores are largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Renaissance Manor on Cabot?
Long-term Care Quality
Building on its remarkable profile, this facility also was given a superb long-term care score, with a grade of A. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 87.23404 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we analyzed was short-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of A-. This topped off a very impressive profile. Few nursing homes earned an A- or higher in every category. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Renaissance Manor on Cabot Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Closer supervision can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 1.95% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 91.63% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Holyoke, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Holyoke, Massachusetts has 6 other nursing homes
- Holyoke Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.64 miles away575 Beech Street Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 534-2500
- Baystate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away759 Chestnut Street Springfield Massachusetts 01199Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 794-0000
- Mercy Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 6.45 miles away271 Carew Street Springfield Massachusetts 01104Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 748-9000
- Cooley Dickinson Hospital Inc,TheAcute Care Hospitals 8.88 miles away30 Locust Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 582-2000
- Baystate Noble HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away115 West Silver Street Westfield Massachusetts 01085Voluntary non-profit - Private(413) 568-2811
- Baystate Wing Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away40 Wright Street Palmer Massachusetts 01069Voluntary non-profit - Other(413) 283-7651
- Ara-Holyoke Dialysis LLC2.76 miles away36 Lower Westfield Rd Unit C-153 Holyoke Massachusetts 01040Dialysis Stations: 20 (413) 533-3128
- Dialysis Center of Western Massachusetts3.15 miles away601 Memorial Drive, Suite H Chicopee Massachusetts 01020Dialysis Stations: 15 (413) 593-3078
- Chicopee Dialysis Center3.85 miles awayI 391 Industrial Park 317 Meadow Street Chicopee Massachusetts 01013Dialysis Stations: 17 (413) 535-2529
- Pioneer Valley Dialysis Center4.56 miles away208 Ashley Avenue West Springfield Massachusetts 01089CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (413) 750-3400
- East Springfield Dialysis (Bma of Massachusetts)7 miles away1515 State Street Springfield Massachusetts 01109CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 732-1586
- Western Mass. Kidney Center (Bma Springfield)7.03 miles away2000 Main Street Springfield Massachusetts 01103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (413) 739-4751
- Springfield Dialysis Center7.45 miles away125 Liberty Street, Suite 101 Springfield Massachusetts 01103Dialysis Stations: 16 (413) 736-9600
- Hampshire County Dialysis Center7.49 miles away84 Conz Street Northampton Massachusetts 01060Dialysis Stations: 13 (413) 586-7989