Rehabilitation Center at Park Place is located in Pensacola, Florida. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the nation with has a total of 254,917 people. This facility was given a rock bottom overall rating based on the data we assessed. Keep in mind that Pensacola received a far more impressive city grade of A-, so you should definitely look at some other options in the city. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can continue reading to find out about inspections and other category grades
Rehabilitation Center at Park Place
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we gave it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's second most respectable score was long-term care. However, with a grade of D in this area, it still fared relatively badly. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. We were optimistic to learn that this facility vaccinates 96.92307 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Rehabilitation Center at Park Place?
Short-term Care Quality
In our next category, we gave this nursing home an F in the category of short-term care. In computing our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is frequently a meaningful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Considering its grade in this area, we weren't stunned to find that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected to find. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
The next area we scored is nursing. It received an F in this category, which is a rock bottom score. In computing our nursing grades, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility offered only 0.1 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Rehabilitation Center at Park Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have had a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 2.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 94.61% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental health.
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Rehabilitation Center at Park Place, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess short-term care.
Scores for Pensacola, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Pensacola, Florida has 12 other nursing homes
- Baptist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.44 miles away1000 W Moreno St Pensacola Florida 32501Voluntary non-profit - Private(850) 434-4011
- Ascension Sacred Heart PensacolaAcute Care Hospitals 3.52 miles away5151 N 9th Ave Pensacola Florida 32504Voluntary non-profit - Private(850) 416-7000
- West Florida HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away8383 N Davis Hwy Pensacola Florida 32514Proprietary(850) 494-4000
- Gulf Breeze HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away1110 Gulf Breeze Pkwy Gulf Breeze Florida 32561Voluntary non-profit - Other(850) 934-2000
- Santa Rosa Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.39 miles away6002 Berryhill Rd Milton Florida 32570Proprietary(850) 626-7762
- Fmc - Pensacola0.3 miles away1305 W Moreno St Pensacola Florida 32501CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (850) 434-1176
- Downtown Pensacola Dialysis1.88 miles away700 E Cervantes St #A Pensacola Florida 32501CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (850) 433-1534
- West Pensacola Dialysis Center2.41 miles away598 Fairfield Drive Pensacola Florida 32506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (850) 453-6066
- Rcg - Sacred Heart - Ped Dialysis3.54 miles away5151 N 9th Ave Pensacola Florida 32504Dialysis Stations: 7 (850) 416-7426
- Fresenius Kidney Care Central Pensacola3.83 miles away5476 Mobile Highway Pensacola Florida 32526Dialysis Stations: 16 (850) 944-8997
- Rcg - Sacred Heart - Adult Dialysis3.99 miles away5401 Corporate Woods Dr Ste 850 Pensacola Florida 32504CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (850) 484-8646
- Fmc - West Pensacola5.11 miles away2940 N. Blue Angel Parkway Pensacola Florida 32506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (850) 453-3658
- West Florida Dialysis5.9 miles away8333 North Davis Highway Pensacola Florida 32514CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (850) 474-8424