Regency at Bluffs Park is in Ann Arbor, Michigan. This city has a total of 158,345 people. This nursing home turns out to be a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. We actually ranked it as the best facility in Ann Arbor. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next section
Regency at Bluffs Park
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
355 Huron View Blvd,
Ann Arbor MI 48103
89.57% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Ann Arbor, Michigan Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to earning a strong overall score, this nursing home performed well in short-term care. We awarded it an A+ for that category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an B+. Our inspection ratings are tied to datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this area typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Regency at Bluffs Park?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B+. Nursing scores are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care. Sadly, it received an F in this category, which is a poor score. You should not simply rule out a facility due to a single terrible score though. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 98.97959 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Regency at Bluffs Park Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 3.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could imply a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 91.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Regency at Bluffs Park, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- University of Michigan Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away1500 E Medical Center Drive, Spc 5474 Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 764-1505
- St Joseph Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away5301 E Huron River Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48106Voluntary non-profit - Church(734) 712-3456
- Forest Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.57 miles away135 S Prospect St Ypsilanti Michigan 48198Government - Hospital District or Authority(734) 547-4700
- St Joseph Mercy ChelseaAcute Care Hospitals 13.63 miles away775 S Main St Chelsea Michigan 48118Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 475-3911
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.84 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 19.57 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Fmc Dialysis - West Ann Arbor2.13 miles away2355 W Stadium Blvd Ann Arbor Michigan 48103Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 623-2259
- Michigan Dialysis Services of Ann Arbor3.78 miles away2850 S Industrial Hwy Ste 100 Ann Arbor Michigan 48104Dialysis Stations: 17 (734) 677-1490
- Univ of Mi Dialysis - Pediatric4.09 miles away1540 E Hospital Dr Rm 10-712 Mott Hospital Ann Arbor Michigan 48109Dialysis Stations: 10 (734) 232-5461
- Ann Arbor Dialysis of Davita4.27 miles away3147 Oak Valley Dr Ann Arbor Michigan 48108Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 213-5269
- Washtenaw Regional Dialysis Ctr5.15 miles away5205 Mcauley Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (734) 434-9511
- Ypsilanti Dialysis of Davita5.85 miles away2766 Washtenaw Rd Ypsilanti Michigan 48197CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (734) 528-9280
- Bio-Medical Applications of Michigan, Inc.8.3 miles away1266 Anna J Stepp Dr Ypsilanti Michigan 48197Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 482-6901
- Michigan Dialysis Services, LLC13.52 miles away275 N Canton Center Rd Canton Michigan 48187Dialysis Stations: 13 (734) 844-0108