With an address in Redmond, Washington, Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center is the sole option located in this area. We gave this facility an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some decent scores. You can certainly do worse than this facility. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
7900 Willows Road Northeast,
Redmond WA 98052
123.53% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's best category grade came in the area of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a B+. Our short-term care scores are vital for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
In addition, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it received a grade of B+. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some are quite insignificant. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. The nursing score weighs several datapoints, but the primary one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. While this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this metric. This can be a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a resident at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the last area, this nursing home received a C in long-term care, which is an acceptable score. Our long-term care grades are based on the nursing home's amount of care. This means a broad scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 98.445595 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.46% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents which had falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.29% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.28% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 92.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.67% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.21 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 75.22% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 6.8 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center3.33 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Nkc Lake Washington Kidney Center4.36 miles away1474 112th Ave Ne, Suite 100 Bellevue Washington 98004Dialysis Stations: 18 (425) 454-0067
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis6.15 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Bellevue Dialysis Center7.06 miles away3535 Factoria Blvd Se #150 Bellevue Washington 98006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (425) 641-6514
- Olympic View Dialysis Center7.63 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center8.36 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center8.88 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center9.28 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090