With an address in Redmond, Washington, Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center is one of just a couple facilities in this city. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some decent scores. You can certainly do worse than this facility. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next section.
Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the area of short-term care, with an A- in this area. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. It does not look like this facility provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We also want to emphasize this place's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this area. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was hit with 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center?
This facility's next best category was its nursing grade, where it received a grade of B-. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of licensure of those nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a somewhat concerning figure which is well below average. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. We gave this nursing home a D in long-term care, making this its weakest category grade. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 99.462364 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often linked to lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.74% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 93.71% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to patients physical and mental health.
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Redmond Care and Rehabilitation Center, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Evergreenhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away12040 Ne 128th Street Kirkland Washington 98034Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 899-1000
- Seattle Children's HospitalChildrens 6.8 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne, PO Box C-5371 Seattle Washington 98105Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 987-2000
- University of Washington Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 8.07 miles away1959 Ne Pacific St Box 356151 Seattle Washington 98195Government - State(206) 598-3300
- Kaiser Permanente Central HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away201 - 16th Avenue East Seattle Washington 98112Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 326-3000
- Swedish Medical Center / Cherry HillAcute Care Hospitals 9.35 miles away500 17th Avenue Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Church(206) 320-2000
- Uw Medicine/Northwest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.54 miles away1550 North 115th Street Seattle Washington 98133Voluntary non-profit - Other(206) 368-1700
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away747 Broadway Seattle Washington 98122Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 386-6000
- Virginia Mason Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.92 miles away925 Seneca St Seattle Washington 98101Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 223-6600
- Nkc Kirkland Kidney Center3.33 miles away11327 Ne 120th St Kirkland Washington 98034CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (425) 821-8785
- Nkc Lake Washington Kidney Center4.36 miles away1474 112th Ave Ne, Suite 100 Bellevue Washington 98004Dialysis Stations: 18 (425) 454-0067
- Seattle Childrens Hospital Dialysis6.15 miles away4800 Sand Point Way Ne Oc.9.820 Seattle Washington 98105Dialysis Stations: 7 (206) 987-3985
- Bellevue Dialysis Center7.06 miles away3535 Factoria Blvd Se #150 Bellevue Washington 98006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (425) 641-6514
- Olympic View Dialysis Center7.63 miles away125 16th Ave E, Csb-5 Seattle Washington 98112CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (206) 323-8900
- Nkc Lake City Kidney Center8.36 miles away14524 Bothell Way Ne Seattle Washington 98155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (206) 365-0775
- Mill Creek Dialysis Center8.88 miles away18001 Bothell Everett Hwy Ste 112 Bothell Washington 98012Dialysis Stations: 9 (425) 481-5258
- Nkc Scribner Kidney Center9.28 miles away2150 N 107th, Suite 160 Seattle Washington 98133CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (206) 363-5090