Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center is located in Hemet, California, a city with 117,746 people. This is an A rated facility. It was given one of the highest scores that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, this turned out to be the highest rated nursing home in Hemet. This facility also received consistently good scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
485 W. Johnston Avenue,
Hemet CA 92543
71.05% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. There are a number of datapoints within this category. Most of these factors reflect staffing levels. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving residents more often.
Adding to this nursing home's impressive resume, we gave this nursing home an A for inspections. Inspection grades are based on datapoints found on the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Does this page answer your questions about Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed well in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. In forming these short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to devise a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this facility was given a very favorable grade of B+ in our long-term care category. With this score, the facility completed a very favorable report card. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.38271 percent of its residents, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 16.75 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.87 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.8 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.91 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Davita-Hemet1.96 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center4.8 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis11.86 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis12.22 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont13.63 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis13.74 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Davita-Murrieta14.7 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.53 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196