Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center is located in Hemet, California, a city with 117,746 people. This is an A rated facility. It was given one of the highest scores that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. In fact, this turned out to be the highest rated nursing home in Hemet. Headlining this facility's stellar profile is its nursing grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. There are several factors included in this area. Most of these subcategories relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also was awarded a strong short-term care score, with a score of A. Our short-term care grade is typically used to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center?
This nursing home has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this area. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded is long-term care. We awarded this facility a solid grade in that category, with a grade of B-. While this is not as dominant as some of this facility's other scores, it is still not a bad grade. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the amount of care provided by a facility, rather than more sophisticated services. After we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinates 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels.
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ramona Rehabilitation and Post Acute Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Hemet, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Hemet, California has 6 other nursing homes
- Hemet Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away1117 East Devonshire Hemet California 92543Physician(951) 652-2811
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-MurrietaAcute Care Hospitals 13.71 miles away28062 Baxter Road Murrieta California 92563Voluntary non-profit - Private(951) 290-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Moreno ValleyAcute Care Hospitals 16.75 miles away27300 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Voluntary non-profit - Other(951) 251-6000
- Southwest Healthcare SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.87 miles away25500 Medical Center Drive Murrieta California 92562Proprietary(951) 696-6000
- Riverside University Health System-Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.8 miles away26520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Government - Local(951) 486-4000
- Temecula Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.91 miles away31700 Temecula Pkwy Temecula California 92592Proprietary(951) 331-2200
- Davita-Hemet1.96 miles away3050 W. Florida Avenue Hemet California 92545CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (951) 925-9723
- Davita-Diamond Valley Dialysis Center4.8 miles away1181 N. State St. San Jacinto California 92583CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (951) 487-6528
- Davita-Menifee Home Dialysis11.86 miles away29878 Haun Road, Suite 100 Sun City California 92586Dialysis Stations: 10 (951) 679-2396
- Davita-Sun City Menifee Dialysis12.22 miles away1702 Illinois Avenue Perris California 92571CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 928-1369
- Fmc-Rai-East Sixth Street-Beaumont13.63 miles away1536 E. 6th Street Beaumont California 92223CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 769-5072
- Davita-Banning Dialysis13.74 miles away6090 W. Ramsey Street Banning California 92220CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (951) 845-4494
- Davita-Murrieta14.7 miles away27602 Clinton Keith Road, Bldg F Murrieta California 92562CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (951) 679-7914
- Fmc-Moreno Valley16.53 miles away27420 Iris Avenue Moreno Valley California 92555Dialysis Stations: 25 (951) 242-9196