Radford Green is an average-sized nursing home located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. We gave this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. In our view, this facility looks like a great choice for most people. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lincolnshire senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Lincolnshire, Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lincolnshire, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lincolnshire, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to a phenomenal overall grade, this facility also received A+ nursing grade. The nursing score analyzes several factors, however, the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant assessments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care grade. With our short-term care grade, we seek to create a sound measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Radford Green?
Another impressive feature of this nursing home is its inspection grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are relatively minor. This nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final category, this facility was awarded a respectable long-term care grade. Even though this isn't quite as strong as some of its other grades, this is truly not a poor grade. In calculating our long-term care ratings, we analyze the assistance with daily living offered to the facility's patients. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to only 83.030304 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Radford Green Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Radford Green, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Radford Green, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Radford Green, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Radford Green, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Radford Green, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Radford Green, 31.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Radford Green, 87.05% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Radford Green, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Radford Green, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Radford Green, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Radford Green, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Radford Green, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Radford Green, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 13.24 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc3.38 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis4.4 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center4.86 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Mundelein4.99 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Highland5.16 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center6.07 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fkc - Lake Bluff6.93 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Glen Dialysis7.81 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574