Radford Green is an average-sized nursing home located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. We gave this nursing home an A overall grade, ranking it in the top 20 percent of all facilities in the nation. In our view, this facility looks like a great choice for most people. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to poke holes in this facility's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our nursing grade assesses the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Radford Green?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a grade of B. This actually is this facility's worst category. A facility is doing something right when it's lowest score still outperforms most other facilities. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 89.43089 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be slightly lower than we expected but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Radford Green Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Radford Green, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Radford Green, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who have had falls resulting in major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Radford Green, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients that sustained urinary tract infections. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Radford Green, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Radford Green, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Radford Green, 29.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Radford Green, 87.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Radford Green, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Radford Green, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Radford Green, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Radford Green, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Radford Green, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Radford Green, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.54 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 8.77 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.01 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 13.24 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.46 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc3.38 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Davita - Buffalo Grove Dialysis4.4 miles away1291 West Dundee Road Buffalo Grove Illinois 60089CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 253-9400
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center4.86 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Fmc - Mundelein4.99 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Highland5.16 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Palatine Dialysis Center6.07 miles away691 East Dundee Road Palatine Illinois 60074CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (847) 963-4299
- Fkc - Lake Bluff6.93 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Glen Dialysis7.81 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574