Quentin Mease Community Hospital turns out to be one of 60 facilities located in Houston, Texas. The city has far more nursing homes compared to most areas in Texas. This facility was given an A- overall, which is among the most impressive scores that we offer. A score in this range requires top-notch marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the country. Keep reading to see this facility's category scores, which are also impressive. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Quentin Mease Community Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
3601 N Macgregor,
Houston TX 77004
Note: Data for Quentin Mease Community Hospital has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home has received near flawless government inspections recently. We awarded them an A+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite insignificant. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. Nursing grades are based in large part on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Quentin Mease Community Hospital?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be more important for those needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. We were not able to track down information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, this nursing home also was given an excellent long-term care score, with a B+. This rounded out a first-rate profile. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this nursing home provided vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quentin Mease Community Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quentin Mease Community Hospital, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 2.54 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Clutch City Dialysis Center0.48 miles away5910 Scott Street Suite A Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 748-0554
- Baylor College of Medicine-Scott Street Dialysis0.73 miles away6120 Scott Street, Suite F Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 741-7059
- Riverside Dialysis Center1.39 miles away3315 Delano Street Houston Texas 77004CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (713) 566-3900
- Med Center Dialysis1.41 miles away5610 Almeda Road Houston Texas 77004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 72 (713) 520-6878
- Medical Center Kidney Clinic1.71 miles away2254 Holcombe Blvd Houston Texas 77030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 797-9909
- Davita-Binz Home Training1.93 miles away1213 Herman Drive, Suite 180 Houston Texas 77004Dialysis Stations: 5 (713) 529-5155
- Children's Memorial Hermann Dialysis Center2.22 miles away6411 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 7 (713) 704-0093
- Sng - Sohum Southeast Houston Dialysis Center Lp2.23 miles away7647 South Freeway Houston Texas 77021Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 842-1010