Quentin Mease Community Hospital is one of 25 facilities in Houston, Texas. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is among the highest ratings that we offer. A score in this range requires first-rate scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top quarter of all facilities in the United States. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It's hard to find any major flaws in this nursing home's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Quentin Mease Community Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Jan 1, 2020 by Nick Reese
3601 N Macgregor,
Houston TX 77004
Note: Data for Quentin Mease Community Hospital has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Houston senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City/county
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
On top of being a strong facility overall, it also received A+ health inspections recently. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Among its many impressive scores, this nursing home received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in that category. Nursing ratings are primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Quentin Mease Community Hospital?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received a strong short-term care score as well. We gave it one of our better scores in that area with a grade of B+. Our short-term care scores are thought to be most critical for patients requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth category, this facility received an excellent long-term care rating. We awarded it a B+ in that area, finishing off one of our better profiles. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. It doesn't appear that this facility submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Quentin Mease Community Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Quentin Mease Community Hospital, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.3 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.44 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 2.54 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.54 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Clutch City Dialysis Center0.48 miles away5910 Scott Street Suite A Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 748-0554
- Baylor College of Medicine-Scott Street Dialysis0.73 miles away6120 Scott Street, Suite F Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 741-7059
- Riverside Dialysis Center1.39 miles away3315 Delano Street Houston Texas 77004CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (713) 566-3900
- Med Center Dialysis1.41 miles away5610 Almeda Road Houston Texas 77004CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 72 (713) 520-6878
- Medical Center Kidney Clinic1.71 miles away2254 Holcombe Blvd Houston Texas 77030CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 797-9909
- Davita-Binz Home Training1.93 miles away1213 Herman Drive, Suite 180 Houston Texas 77004Dialysis Stations: 5 (713) 529-5155
- Children's Memorial Hermann Dialysis Center2.22 miles away6411 Fannin St Houston Texas 77030Dialysis Stations: 7 (713) 704-0093
- Sng - Sohum Southeast Houston Dialysis Center Lp2.23 miles away7647 South Freeway Houston Texas 77021Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 842-1010