Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Scottsdale, Arizona. Sporting an overall grade of A+, this facility is ranked among the most impressive facilities we looked at. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this facility. If you look further down this page, you can see this place's category ratings, which look to be equally impressive as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jul 1, 2021 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Scottsdale senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Arizona Awards 2021
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in short-term care. This is as good as it gets in this area. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is often a fair assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that returned home from this facility. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Nursing grades are largely based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Arizona in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community?
Another impressive feature of this facility is its inspection grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our inspection ratings are based on several items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last area, this nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care rating, with an A. This wrapped up a first-rate report card. Facilities that excel in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 3.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 2.96% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Additional nurse staffing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 1.61% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 16.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who are given antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 5.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 99.07% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 16% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 17.93% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 17.93% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 8% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pueblo Norte Senior Living Community, 70.92% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Scottsdale, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Scottsdale, Arizona has 7 other nursing homes
- Scottsdale Shea Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away9003 East Shea Boulevard Scottsdale Arizona 85260Proprietary(480) 323-3000
- Abrazo Scottsdale CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away3929 East Bell Road Phoenix Arizona 85032Proprietary(602) 923-5000
- Mayo Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.53 miles away5777 East Mayo Boulevard Phoenix Arizona 85054Voluntary non-profit - Private(480) 342-4201
- Scottsdale Thompson Peak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.73 miles away7400 East Thompson Peak Parkway Scottsdale Arizona 85255Proprietary(480) 324-7001
- Scottsdale Osborn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away7400 East Osborn Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251Proprietary(480) 882-4004
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Valley HospitalPsychiatric 8.39 miles away3550 East Pinchot Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85018Voluntary non-profit - Other(602) 957-4000
- Valleywise Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away2601 East Roosevelt Street Phoenix Arizona 85008Government - Local(602) 344-5011
- Desert Mountain Dialysis (Dva)2.91 miles away9220 E Mountain View Rd Ste 105 Scottsdale Arizona 85258Dialysis Stations: 24 (480) 391-2241
- Scottsdale Dialysis (Dva)3.34 miles away5705 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 120 Scottsdale Arizona 85250Dialysis Stations: 12 (480) 941-3860
- Northeast Phoenix Dialysis (Dsi)5.51 miles away3305 E Greenway Rd Ste 1 Phoenix Arizona 85032Dialysis Stations: 16 (602) 765-3919
- Fmc Old Town Scottsdale6.27 miles away4141 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 100 Scottsdale Arizona 85251Dialysis Stations: 25 (480) 946-1455
- Salt River Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.75 miles away10301 E Osborn Rd Bldg 14 Scottsdale Arizona 85256Dialysis Stations: 16 (480) 362-1044
- Southwest Kidney/Davita-Phoenix Home Dialysis (Dva)7.73 miles away5115 E Thomas Rd Ste 100 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 1 (602) 840-0012
- Papago Dialysis (Dva)8.09 miles away5115 East Thomas, Suite #115 Phoenix Arizona 85018Dialysis Stations: 13 (602) 956-1831
- Arcadia Dialysis Center (Fmc)8.13 miles away4021 N. 30th Street Phoenix Arizona 85016CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (602) 957-2142