Located in Harrisburg, North Carolina, Pruitthealth-Town Center is the lone facility we were able to find in the city. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive grades that we offer. A grade in this range requires excellent scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the nation. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This top notch facility also dominated in the category of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes fared better in this category. Our short-term care grade is generally used to assess a facility's rehabilitation services. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Pruitthealth-Town Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. When computing a facility's nursing rating, we weigh the number of hours nurses are caring for patients as well as the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is long-term care. This facility was awarded a very good long-term care rating in our assessment, with a B-. While this isn't as elite as some of its other grades, this is nevertheless a respectable rating in that category. In determining these long-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.01961 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pruitthealth-Town Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 10.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have had falls which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 3.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 11.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 3.01% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression. Higher levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 87.89% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 18.87% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 24.57% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 24.57 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 11.81 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pruitthealth-Town Center, 72.58% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Carolinas Healthcare System NortheastAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away920 Church St N Concord North Carolina 28025Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 783-3000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Novant Health Huntersville Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away10030 Gilead Road Huntersville North Carolina 28078Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 316-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 13.96 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Lake Norman Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.85 miles away171 Fairview Road Mooresville North Carolina 28117Proprietary(704) 660-4000
- Harrisburg Dialysis Center2.97 miles away3310 Perry St Concord North Carolina 28027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (704) 792-1144
- Davita Kidney Care3.32 miles away9562 Rocky River Road Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9548
- Dsi Glenwater Dialysis5.92 miles away9030 Glenwater Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28262CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (704) 503-6900
- Fmc of North Charlotte8.91 miles away5220 N Tryon Street Charlotte North Carolina 28213CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (704) 596-0680
- Davita Sugar Creek9.21 miles away5100 Reagan Dr Suite 10 Charlotte North Carolina 28206Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 921-9823
- Fresenius Medical Care Aldersgate9.76 miles away3211 Bishops Way Ln Suite 2000 Charlotte North Carolina 28215Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 567-2045
- Copperfield Dialysis9.96 miles away1030 Vinehaven Dr Ne Concord North Carolina 28025CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 795-7552
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.9.96 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231