Providence Place Ltcu is located in Kansas City, Kansas, a city with a population of 150,224 people. It looks like this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we looked at. In fact, it was given our absolute highest grade. We also want to point out that this facility is located in a hospital. Typically, this indicates that more intensive healthcare services are available. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which also impressed us. You really can't do any better than a straight A report card.
Providence Place Ltcu
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. In our short-term care grade, we strive to create a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. Nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an A+. Our nursing grade focuses on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Providence Place Ltcu?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. Adding to its impressive resume, this facility also excelled in this area. In fact, we gave it a of A for the area. Facilities that do well in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 95.83333 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to our inspection category, this nursing home excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. This finished off its straight A report card. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Providence Place Ltcu Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Providence Place Ltcu, 7.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Providence Place Ltcu, 5.12% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who had falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Providence Place Ltcu, 3.63% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Providence Place Ltcu, 16.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Providence Place Ltcu, 22.05% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Providence Place Ltcu, 5.92% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Providence Place Ltcu, 91.42% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Providence Place Ltcu, 16.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Providence Place Ltcu, 21.25% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Providence Place Ltcu, 21.25 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Providence Place Ltcu, 10.63 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Providence Place Ltcu, 74.59% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Kansas City, KS
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Kansas has 8 other nursing homes
- Providence Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away8929 Parallel Parkway Kansas City Kansas 66112Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 596-4000
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.69 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Saint Lukes North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away5830 N W Barry Road Kansas City Missouri 64154Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 891-6000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 11.46 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 11.57 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Saint John HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.45 miles away3500 South 4th Street Leavenworth Kansas 66048Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 680-6000
- Wyandotte West Dialysis2.78 miles away11014 Haskell Ave Kansas City Kansas 66109CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (913) 721-9780
- Rai - Parallel Parkway - Kansas City Dialysis3.04 miles away6401 Parallel Parkway Kansas City Kansas 66102CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (913) 299-1044
- Wyandotte County Dialysis, L L C4.95 miles away5001 State Ave Kansas City Kansas 66102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (913) 287-5724
- Wyandotte Central Dialysis6.03 miles away3737 State Avenue # 100 Kansas City Kansas 66102CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 233-0536
- Platte Woods Dialysis9.98 miles away7667 Nw Prairie View Rd Kansas City Missouri 64151CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 746-5542
- Davita Mission Dialysis10.46 miles away2852 W 47th Ave Kansas City Kansas 66103Dialysis Stations: 12 (913) 403-1843
- Penn Valley Dialysis Center10.64 miles away2502 Summit Kansas City Missouri 64108Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 531-1118
- Lenexa Dialysis10.75 miles away8630 Halsey Lenexa Kansas 66215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (913) 894-1100