Providence Place Senior Living is a large non-profit nursing home located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B. A grade in this range requires solid marks in most areas. The facilities in Minneapolis received high scores across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the better places in Minnesota to find a nursing home. One of the highlights of this nursing home's profile is its strong long-term care score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Providence Place Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
On top of being a quality facility overall, this facility really fared well in long-term care, where it earned an impressive grade of A-. Few facilities fared better in this category. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are well cared for. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 97.00997 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Our nursing rating is largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Providence Place Senior Living?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care, where this facility was awarded a B- in this area. Short-term care grades are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually well below the national average.
Lastly, we found that this facility has received favorable government inspections in recent years. We awarded it a B- in this category. We would argue that one of the most important factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to resident health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Providence Place Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Providence Place Senior Living, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Providence Place Senior Living, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Providence Place Senior Living, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Providence Place Senior Living, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Providence Place Senior Living, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Providence Place Senior Living, 4.58% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Providence Place Senior Living, 93.31% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Providence Place Senior Living, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence. Many would argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Providence Place Senior Living, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Providence Place Senior Living, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Providence Place Senior Living, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Providence Place Senior Living, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Providence Place Senior Living, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 51 other nursing homes
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.63 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 1.86 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 2.16 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.1.87 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis2.06 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita2.08 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis2.13 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756
- Davita - Uptown2.39 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit2.73 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.01 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul3.57 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081