Located in Plano, Texas, Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is one of five facilities in this area. This turns out to be a well above average facility, with an overall grade of B+. You can definitely do much worse than this place. This nursing home was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of our major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Plano senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Plano, Texas Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Plano, Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of earning a strong overall score, this facility also received an elite short-term care grade. We awarded them one of our better grades in that area, with an A. In determining these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's inspection reports. Places that excel in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that we were able to find deficiency data for this facility. Without having deficiency data for this nursing home, it ended up being a challenge to assess the place in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. There are a host of factors included in this area. Most of the criteria relate to levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, while this place got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in some of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this subcategory.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care. We awarded this facility a solid grade in that category, with a grade of C. Although this is not as high as a few of this nursing home's other grades, it is still not the end of the world. In the area of long-term care, we assess the quantity of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more medically-intensive services. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 11.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 4.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have suffered falls which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 8.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 15.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 99% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 14.06% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 7.45% of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 7.45% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 7.13% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Prestonwood Rehabilitation & Nursing Center, 89.55% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Plano, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Plano, Texas has 4 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Texas Health Center for Diagnostics & Surgery PlanAcute Care Hospitals 1.32 miles away6020 W Parker Road Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(972) 403-2700
- Methodist Hospital for SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.6 miles away17101 Dallas Parkway Addison Texas 75001Proprietary(469) 248-3900
- Baylor Regional Medical Center at PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 3.73 miles away4700 Alliance Boulevard Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Other(469) 814-2000
- The Heart Hospital Baylor PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away1100 Allied Drive Plano Texas 75093Proprietary(469) 814-3278
- First Texas Hospital Carrollton LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.38 miles away1401 E Trinity Mills Road Carrollton Texas 75006Proprietary(972) 810-0700
- Childrens Medical Center PlanoChildrens 4.39 miles away7601 Preston Road Plano Texas 75024Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-1792
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Renal Center of Carrollton0.72 miles away4240 International Parkway Suite 158 Carrollton Texas 75007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (972) 306-8410
- Athios Dialysis, LLC1.89 miles away6101 Windhaven Pkwy Plano Texas 75093Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 473-7891
- Davita West Plano Dialysis3.61 miles away5036 Tennyson Parkway Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 12 (972) 608-1089
- Fresenius Medical Care Willow Bend, LLC3.76 miles away6823 Communications Pkwy Bldg A Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (214) 474-0025
- Fmc of West Plano4.23 miles away4405 Tradition Trail Plano Texas 75093CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (972) 943-7656
- Renal Center of Plano, LLC4.79 miles away4112 W Spring Creek Parkway Suite D-200 Plano Texas 75024Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 608-7831
- Carrolton Regional Dialysis Center6.63 miles away1128 North I-35 East Carrollton Texas 75006Dialysis Stations: 27 (972) 242-7648
- Plano on Custer Dialysis6.8 miles away1301 Custer Road, Suite 524 Plano Texas 75075Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 578-7047