Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab is a large nursing home in Glenview, Illinois. This is a well below average nursing home, with an overall grade of D. Based on our analysis, this nursing home may not be the best fit for most prospective residents. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, feel free to continue reading to find out about its category grades. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1700 East Lake Avenue,
Glenview IL 60025
71.18% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Although this facility's overall grade was not a highlight, it did receive a very good score in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of C. Our nursing score is largely tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides 2.9 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, we also factored a few quality-based metrics into our nursing scores. This nursing home was subpar in two of the major metrics we focus on, with below average scores for minimizing its patients' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are usually decent indicators of the quality of nursing care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab?
Short-term Care Quality
The next highest area we awarded this nursing home in any area came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. Short-term care grades are generally used to gauge a facility's rehabilitation services To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. We found that it offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most facilities. The last metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. It was respectable in this area with 46.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last category, this nursing home really didn't fare well here either. Due to an abysmal grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as bad as it gets. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the criteria we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 93.92857 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 1.24 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 29.52% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 87.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Presence Maryhaven Nsg & Rehab, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Glenview, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glenview, Illinois has 3 other nursing homes
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.74 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 6.05 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Presence Resurrection Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.38 miles away7435 W Talcott Avenue Chicago Illinois 60631Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 774-8000
- Presence Saint Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away355 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60202Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 316-4000
- Swedish Covenant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.89 miles away5145 N California Ave Chicago Illinois 60625Voluntary non-profit - Church(773) 878-8200
- Community First Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.43 miles away5645 W Addison Street Chicago Illinois 60634Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 282-7000
- Methodist Hospital of ChicagoAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away5025 N Paulina Street Chicago Illinois 60640Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 271-9040
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Glen Dialysis1.67 miles away2601 Compass Road Suite 145 Glenview Illinois 60026Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 657-7574
- Fmc - Skokie Dialysis2.45 miles away9801 Woods Dr Skokie Illinois 60076Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 581-1620
- Fmc - Niles2.73 miles away9371 Milwaukee Ave. Niles Illinois 60714CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (847) 581-0334
- Fmc - Glenview Dialysis Center3.22 miles away4248 Commercial Way Glenview Illinois 60025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 824-2006
- Fmc - Midamerica Evanston4.35 miles away2953 Central St 1st Floor Evanston Illinois 60201Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 869-9436
- Davita - Big Oaks Dialysis4.99 miles away5623 W. Touhy Avenue Niles Illinois 60714Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 647-3140
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center5.31 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Center for Renal Replacement, LLC5.45 miles away7301 North Lincoln Ave., Ste 205 Lincolnwood Illinois 60712Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 675-5555