Pleasant Ridge Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This nursing home received an overall grade of C, which is a decent grade. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Cincinnati, which is a B-. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive inspection score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Pleasant Ridge Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Cincinnati OH 45213
55.95% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Pleasant Ridge Care Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Registered Staff Hours
It should also be noted that this facility's inspection grade outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ for its inspections grade, which is one of our better scores. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing grade. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B in that category, which is one of our better scores. Nursing scores are largely based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 3.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Pleasant Ridge Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we graded was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a grade of C in this category. Our long-term care grades are more meaningful for individuals in need of more conventional services related to personal care. One of the factors we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Thankfully, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 94.38776 percent of its patients. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care, which turned out to be a weak link for this nursing home. We gave this facility a D for the area of short-term care. With our short-term care category, we strive to forge a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it offered fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. It fared better in this area, with 54.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pleasant Ridge Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 19.84% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 90.11% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pleasant Ridge Care Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 51 other nursing homes
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 4.39 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.57 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 7.16 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.53 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 8.21 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Davita - Norwood Dialysis1.45 miles away2300 Wall Street Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (513) 531-2111
- Fmc - Liberty Norwood1.74 miles away2071 Sherman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45212CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 841-1800
- Us Renal Care of Norwood Dialysis2.15 miles away1721 Tennessee Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45229Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 242-6733
- Davita - Silverton Dialysis2.19 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 793-0555
- Davita - Silverton Hometraining Dialysis2.19 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 1 (513) 793-4376
- Davita - Redbank Village Dialysis2.36 miles away3960 Redbank Rd., Ste 160 Cincinnati Ohio 45227Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 271-5420
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood3.44 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC3.46 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137