Piners Nursing Home is in Napa, California. Featuring an overall score of A-, this nursing home is ranked among the higher-rated facilities we assessed. At the end of the day, this place looks like a wonderful choice for most people. If you look further down this page, you can see this facility's category grades, which are also impressive.
Piners Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1800 Pueblo Ave,
Napa CA 94558
80.81% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In this category, we gave this nursing home an A. The nursing category includes quite a few factors, most of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Compounding its elite accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care grade. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. Once we assessed the volume of nursing care, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Piners Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of short-term care, where it was awarded a score of B+. It outpaced most facilities in this area. Our short-term care ratings are meaningful for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Turning to inspections, it appears this facility has earned quality inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a B in this category. Our inspection scores are tied to several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Piners Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Piners Nursing Home, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Piners Nursing Home, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Piners Nursing Home, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Piners Nursing Home, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Piners Nursing Home, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Piners Nursing Home, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Piners Nursing Home, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Piners Nursing Home, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Piners Nursing Home, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Piners Nursing Home, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Piners Nursing Home, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Piners Nursing Home, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Napa, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Napa, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Queen of the Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.8 miles away1000 Trancas St Napa California 94558Voluntary non-profit - Church(707) 252-4411
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.81 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.33 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.36 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Northbay Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.41 miles away1200 B Gale Wilson Blvd Fairfield California 94533Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 646-5000
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.08 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- 60th Medical Group (Travis Afb)Acute Care - Department of Defense 18.9 miles away103 Bodin Circle Fairfield Fairfield California 94533Department of Defense(707) 423-7300
- Usrc Napa, LLC0.52 miles away3219 Jefferson Street Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 13 (707) 501-5301
- Napa Dialysis Center0.68 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938
- Silverado Dialysis0.73 miles away1100 Trancas, Suite 267 Napa California 94558Dialysis Stations: 10 (707) 224-6533
- Fairfield Dialysis Center11.55 miles away4660 Central Way Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (707) 863-7369
- Satellite Dialysis Vallejo13.05 miles away4300 Sonoma Blvd, Suite 25 Vallejo California 94589CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (707) 561-7150
- Rai Chadbourne13.34 miles away490 Chadbourne Road Ste D Fairfield California 94534CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (707) 434-9088
- Wellbound of Vallejo13.54 miles away480 Redwood Street Suite 40 Vallejo California 94590Dialysis Stations: 4 (707) 556-3070
- Vallejo Dialysis Center13.63 miles away830 Redwood Street Vallejo California 94590CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (707) 642-2017