Pine Grove Health Center is a small nursing home in Pascoag, Rhode Island. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. Based on our assessment, this place looks like a good fit for quite a few people. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Pine Grove Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pascoag senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a solid overall grade, this nursing home also received impressive government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a favorable score in this area, with a grade of B+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. It does not look like we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We would like to have more data for this nursing home. Without having all of the deficiency related data, it was challenging to grade it in the area of inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also was given favorable short-term care scores in our assessment. Indeed, we awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with a score of B+. Short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last item we considered in this category is the number of residents that returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Pine Grove Health Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating analyzes the facility's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of licensure of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this facility received a decent long-term care grade of B-. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. One of the data points we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 93.87755 percent of its residents. Nevertheless, this nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pine Grove Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pine Grove Health Center, 7.95% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term care patients that have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pine Grove Health Center, 9.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pine Grove Health Center, 0.56% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pine Grove Health Center, 34.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pine Grove Health Center, 16.13% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pine Grove Health Center, 1.66% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Higher levels of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pine Grove Health Center, 95.94% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pine Grove Health Center, 25.75% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pine Grove Health Center, 28.7% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Pine Grove Health Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pine Grove Health Center, 28.7% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pine Grove Health Center, 21.37% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pine Grove Health Center, 69.39% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Day Kimball HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away320 Pomfret Street Putnam Connecticut 06260Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 928-6541
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.53 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.3 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.46 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.88 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 16.15 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.28 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Rhode Island10.39 miles away622 George Washington Highway Lincoln Rhode Island 02865Dialysis Stations: 17 (401) 333-4727
- South County Dialysis Center10.62 miles away336 Thompson Road Suite 1 Webster Massachusetts 01570CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 943-3998
- Dialysis Center of Johnston11.72 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket12.23 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Davita North Providence Renal Center12.63 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna of Providence15.02 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Nna - Pawtucket15.77 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley15.8 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331