Located in Claremont, California, Pilgrim Place Health Services Center is one of only three facilities there. With an overall score of A-, this facility is one of the more impressive nursing homes we assessed. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it as the top nursing home in Claremont. This place also received consistently good ratings in each of our categories. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Pilgrim Place Health Services Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
721 Harrison Ave,
Claremont CA 91711
73.54% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Claremont, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this area is the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 7.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its high-end performance in other areas, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its long-term care score. When nursing homes receive this kind of score in long-term care it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 96.82539 percent of its residents, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia can be a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Pilgrim Place Health Services Center?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
In the last area we looked at, we found that this facility received a solid inspection report this year as well, with few major dings from government inspectors. As a result, it received a decent grade in inspections with a B. This facility didn't have any major weaknesses. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite minor. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pilgrim Place Health Services Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced a fall resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pilgrim Place Health Services Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.04 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.29 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.13 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.94 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership1.38 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.1.38 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.66 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center1.8 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis3.2 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.3.49 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.3.85 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.4.63 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802