Complete Care at Phillipsburg is one of just three available nursing homes located in Phillipsburg, New Jersey. This nursing home was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our best ratings. This grade is better than the city grade of A- in Phillipsburg, which is also an impressive grade. The best part of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Complete Care at Phillipsburg
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
843 Wilbur Avenue,
Phillipsburg NJ 08865
74.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this place an A+ for our inspection category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Unfortunately, we were not able to find deficiency data for this facility. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its high-end performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care rating. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 97.45223 percent of its patients, which is far higher than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Complete Care at Phillipsburg ?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B+. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated was short-term care. We awarded this nursing home an acceptable grade in this area, with a B-. Although this was not as high as a few of its other scores, it is still a middle of the pack score. In calculating our short-term care scores, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is considered to be a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Complete Care at Phillipsburg Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 5.95% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Complete Care at Phillipsburg , 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.35 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 12.58 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.25 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Hunterdon Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.18 miles away2100 Wescott Drive Flemington New Jersey 08822Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 788-6100
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.52 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.81 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Fmc Phillipsburg Dialysis Ctr0.44 miles away471 Center Street Kidney Treatment Center Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (908) 454-7440
- Davita - Palmer Dialysis Center4.23 miles away30 Community Drive Easton Pennsylvania 18045CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (610) 258-8855
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Easton5.66 miles away3501 Northwood Avenue Easton Pennsylvania 18045Dialysis Stations: 30 (610) 253-4278
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc10.31 miles away1005 Harvard Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Dialysis Stations: 17 (610) 997-8350
- Davita - St. Luke's Bethlehem12.13 miles away1425 8th Avenue Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18018CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (484) 403-4304
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Slatebelt12.76 miles away525 East West Street Wind Gap Pennsylvania 18091Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 863-7852
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem12.95 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC15.87 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706