Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Petaluma, California. With an A overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the nation. In our view, this facility would be a great choice for most people. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which are just as impressive as its overall rating.
Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Petaluma, California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Petaluma, California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Petaluma, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also received an A+ in short-term care. In our short-term care score, we seek to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 7.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
We also would like to note the fact that this facility was given a superb grade of A in our long-term care area. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.5 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is far higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Our nursing score is mostly based on a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home California in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in inspections, where it earned an A-. This wrapped up a straight A report card for this facility. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who sustained falls leading to serious injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 95.44% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Petaluma, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Petaluma, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.7 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.05 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 17.35 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 17.84 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis2.26 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma2.41 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park9.6 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa15.17 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Bma Santa Rosa15.7 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Northgate Dialysis Center16.11 miles away650 Las Gallinas Road San Rafael California 94903CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (415) 444-0376
- San Rafael Dialysis18.54 miles away1415 3rd Street San Rafael California 94901Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 453-4437
- Napa Dialysis Center19.41 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938