Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation is an average-sized facility in Petaluma, California. It looks like this nursing home is among the best nursing homes we found. A grade in this range requires excellent marks across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the United States. Headlining this facility's exemplary report card is its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1115 B Street,
Petaluma CA 94952
86.22% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. This nursing home elevated its grade in this category by offering more care from registered nurses to its residents than the average facility. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. It performed as well as just about any nursing home in California in this area with 72.6 percent of its residents returning home.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A. When calculating a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are caring for patients as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides an impressive 4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. Lastly, this facility was also above average in each of the major quality-based metrics we looked at in this category. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its long-term care score. This is a first-rate rating. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.47369 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a deadly ailment for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility does not leave this to chance. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.72 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Another impressive feature for this nursing home is its inspection score. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A-, finishing off its straight A performance. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered falls which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 4.32% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 96.21% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Petaluma Post-Acute Rehabilitation, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Petaluma, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Petaluma, California has 4 other nursing homes
- Petaluma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.24 miles away400 N Mcdowell Blvd Petaluma California 94954Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 778-1111
- Novato Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.9 miles away180 Rowland Way Novato California 94945Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 209-1300
- Sonoma Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away347 Andrieux St Sonoma California 95476Government - Hospital District or Authority(707) 935-5000
- Sonoma Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away501 Petaluma Avenue Sebastopol California 95472Government - Local(707) 823-8511
- Santa Rosa Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.7 miles away1165 Montgomery Dr Santa Rosa California 95405Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 525-5300
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.05 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- Aurora Behavioral Healthcare-Santa Rosa, LLCPsychiatric 17.35 miles away1287 Fulton Road Santa Rosa California 95401Proprietary(707) 800-7700
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa RosaAcute Care Hospitals 17.84 miles away401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa California 95403Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 571-4000
- Davita Petaluma River Dialysis2.26 miles away417 N Mcdowell Blvd, Suite 30 Petaluma California 94954Dialysis Stations: 24 (707) 773-1293
- Fmc Petaluma2.41 miles away715 South Point Blvd., Suite A Petaluma California 94954CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (707) 765-9379
- Satellite Dialysis Rohnert Park9.6 miles away6265 Commerce Blvd Suite 156 Rohnert Park California 94928CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (707) 303-2040
- Satellite Dialysis Santa Rosa15.17 miles away2301 Circadian Way #C Santa Rosa California 95407CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (707) 526-0717
- Bma Santa Rosa15.7 miles away1020 Second Street Santa Rosa California 95404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (707) 527-5350
- Northgate Dialysis Center16.11 miles away650 Las Gallinas Road San Rafael California 94903CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (415) 444-0376
- San Rafael Dialysis18.54 miles away1415 3rd Street San Rafael California 94901Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 453-4437
- Napa Dialysis Center19.41 miles away3900-C Bel Aire Plaza #C Napa California 94558CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (707) 253-8938