Pennsburg Manor is an average-sized facility in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania. Sporting an overall score of B+, this is a very good facility. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the country. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. It doesn't appear that we have information about this nursing home's deficiencies. We would like to have more data for this facility. Without having the deficiency related data, it was difficult to grade this nursing home in this category.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Nursing ratings are largely tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Pennsburg Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this nursing home also earned a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is an above average score in this category. In our short-term care score, we seek to create a sound barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we look at a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed is long-term care. This nursing home was awarded a better than average long-term care grade in our assessment, with a grade of B-. Even though this is not nearly as good as some of its other scores, this is nevertheless an acceptable score for this category. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were pleased to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 96.15385 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Pennsburg Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Pennsburg Manor, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Pennsburg Manor, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who had a fall resulting in severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Pennsburg Manor, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Pennsburg Manor, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Unfortunately, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Pennsburg Manor, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Pennsburg Manor, 3.23% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Pennsburg Manor, 88.5% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Pennsburg Manor, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Pennsburg Manor, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients well-being.
In Pennsburg Manor, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Pennsburg Manor, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Pennsburg Manor, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Pennsburg Manor, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Grand View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.12 miles away700 Lawn Avenue Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 453-4615
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.88 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- Pottstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.43 miles away1600 East High Street Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 327-7000
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.79 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lansdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away100 Medical Campus Drive Lansdale Pennsylvania 19446Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 368-2100
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 15.75 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- Phoenixville HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.58 miles away140 Nutt Road Phoenixville Pennsylvania 19460Proprietary(610) 983-1000
- Davita - St. Luke's Quakertown Dialysis8.12 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 536-8184
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Sellersville Dialysis9.54 miles away1105 Bethlehem Pike Sellersville Pennsylvania 18960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 257-0950
- Etowah Dialysis LLC9.82 miles away2550 Route 100, Suite 2 Macungie Pennsylvania 18062Dialysis Stations: 12 (610) 336-8350
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown11.45 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Pottstown11.99 miles away2223 East High St. Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (610) 705-1895
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown12.8 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- u.s. Renal Care - Pottstown13.48 miles away5 South Sunnybrook Road, Suite 500 Pottstown Pennsylvania 19464CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (610) 718-1127
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis13.86 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590