Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center is one of four available facilities in Englewood, Colorado. It looks like this facility is a relatively poor facility. A score in this range indicates we found a few red flags. In our view, we would struggle to recommend this facility. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's report card is its impressive inspection score. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this place favorably overall, we want to point out its relatively favorable inspections in recent years. We gave it a respectable grade of B+ in this area, which was much better than its overall score. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. You generally want to avoid nursing homes with too many severe deficiencies flagged. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of B-. Our nursing score weighs a handful of datapoints, however, the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. It scored well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next best category score in the area of short-term care. We awarded this facility a C in this category, which is an acceptable grade. Our short-term care grades are based on the facility's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care. This facility was given a very poor grade of F in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to only 76.233185 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 3.73% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some would argue that this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 85.7% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Elevation Health & Rehabilitation Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Scores for Englewood, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Englewood, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.2 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.4 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.09 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.5 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.65 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)0.6 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)0.85 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)1.38 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)4.19 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)5.4 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- Littleton Dialysis (Dva)5.75 miles away209 W County Line Rd Littleton Colorado 80129Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 730-7540
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)5.93 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)6.09 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371