Parkview Memorial Hospital-Ccc is in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which turns out to have a slew of nursing homes. It looks like this nursing home is among the most elite nursing homes we found. A score of this caliber requires top-notch scores across the board. We also wanted to point out that this facility is located in a hospital. Typically, this indicates that more intensive healthcare services are offered. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Parkview Memorial Hospital-Ccc
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Parkview Memorial Hospital-Ccc has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
In addition to being a great nursing home overall, it also earned A+ inspections in recent years. Its inspections are nearly perfect. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an A+ short-term care grade, making it one of the few facilities to be given multiple A+ category scores. With our short-term care rating, we seek to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 7.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Parkview Memorial Hospital-Ccc?
This nursing home also received an A+ nursing grade, making it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. When calculating a facility's nursing rating, we look at the amount of time nurses are with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of turning patients more often.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final category, this nursing home received a decent long-term care score. Although this is not quite as elite as many of its other category grades, this is still not a poor grade. For prospective patients seeking a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted data regarding vaccinations. Lastly, this facility excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Parkview Memorial Hospital-Ccc Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Parkview Memorial Hospital-Ccc, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Parkview Memorial Hospital-Ccc, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Fort Wayne, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Wayne, Indiana has 25 other nursing homes
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.31 miles away700 Broadway Fort Wayne Indiana 46802Proprietary(260) 425-3000
- Dupont Hospital LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away2520 E Dupont Rd Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Proprietary(260) 416-3000
- Parkview Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away11109 Parkview Plaza Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 266-1000
- Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North LLCAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away11130 Parkview Circle Dr Fort Wayne Indiana 46845Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 672-4050
- Lutheran Hospital of IndianaAcute Care Hospitals 8.13 miles away7950 W Jefferson Blvd Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Proprietary(260) 435-7001
- Parkview Whitley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away1260 E Sr 205 Columbia City Indiana 46725Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 248-9301
- Dekalb HealthAcute Care Hospitals 19.25 miles away1316 E Seventh St Auburn Indiana 46706Voluntary non-profit - Private(260) 925-4600
- Davita - Summit City Dialysis1.13 miles away3233 East Coliseum Blvd. Fort Wayne Indiana 46805CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (260) 373-1599
- Davita - Fort Wayne South4.15 miles away302 E. Pettit Ave. Fort Wayne Indiana 46806CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (260) 456-0451
- Davita - Fort Wayne West5.14 miles away4916 Illinois Road, Suite 118 Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 14 (260) 434-0483
- Fmc - Dupont Dialysis5.59 miles away10204 East Dupont Circle Drive Fort Wayne Indiana 46825CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 489-9255
- Davita-Fort Wayne North Dialysis5.92 miles away415 E Dupont Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46825Dialysis Stations: 13 (260) 637-0431
- Davita - Appleseed6.08 miles away1833 Magnavox Way Fort Wayne Indiana 46804Dialysis Stations: 4 (260) 432-1036
- Randolph Dialysis, LLC6.1 miles away6721 Old Trail Road Fort Wayne Indiana 46809Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 478-8582
- Fmc - Canal Dialysis6.1 miles away1308 Minnich Road New Haven Indiana 46774Dialysis Stations: 12 (260) 749-1004