Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation is a large nursing home located in Snellville, Georgia. We gave this facility an overall grade of C. A score of this caliber requires some respectable marks. This place has a few things working in its favor. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's profile is its remarkable inspection rating, which you can find in the next section.
Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3000 Lenora Church Drive,
Snellville GA 30078
89.88% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this turned out to be a decent nursing home is that it received an elite inspection score. Its inspection score was far superior to its overall grade. In the inspections category, we gave this facility an A+. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second best category is long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of C. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's assistance with daily living instead of the highly skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 97.052635 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 1.52 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this nursing home received a grade of just D in that area. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most meaningful for people needing rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Given its poor grade, we were not shocked to find that this nursing home provided substantially fewer registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We were surprised to find that it performed reasonably well in this area, with 50.1 percent of its patients returning home. This was one of this nursing home's only highlights in this area.
The last area we scored was nursing, which ended up being this nursing home's worst area. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this category, which is clearly very concerning. Nursing grades are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This facility averaged a meager 3.1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is not a very impressive figure. This place also had terrible scores in some of the quality-based metrics to go along with its weak nursing hour totals. We looked at the percentage of residents suffering pressure ulcers and we were disappointed. This nursing home was at roughly 1.5 times the national average in this measure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 10.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents that developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents that suffered from urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 5.36% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 93.3% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 23.16% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 23.16 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Parkside Post Acute and Rehabilitation, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Eastside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away1700 Medical Way Snellville Georgia 30078Proprietary(770) 736-2498
- Northside Hospital GwinnettAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away1000 Medical Center Boulevard Lawrenceville Georgia 30045Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 312-1000
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.22 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Piedmont Walton Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 15.23 miles away2151 W Spring Street Monroe Georgia 30655Proprietary(770) 267-8461
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.13 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 17.64 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 18.27 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.3 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Davita Snellville Dialysis1.48 miles away2135 Main Street East Suite 130 Snellville Georgia 30078CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 979-3117
- Nephron Corporation1.5 miles away2290 Oak Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 15 (678) 879-1231
- Fmc of Snellville Inc2.14 miles away2096 Mcgee Road Snellville Georgia 30078Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 985-6656
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc4.4 miles away4455 Stone Mountain Hwy Lilburn Georgia 30047Dialysis Stations: 21 (678) 344-1586
- Rockbridge Dialysis5.83 miles away8032 Rockbridge Road Lithonia Georgia 30058Dialysis Stations: 13 (678) 526-8340
- Fresenius Medical Care Loganville, LLC7.64 miles away3431 Hwy 81 S Loganville Georgia 30052Dialysis Stations: 16 (678) 639-1633
- Sugarloaf Dialysis8.32 miles away1705 Belle Meade Ct Ste 110 Lawrenceville Georgia 30043CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 513-2833
- Dsi Snellville, LLC8.32 miles away3370 Sugar Loaf Parkway Suite a-1 Lawrenceville Georgia 30044Dialysis Stations: 13 (770) 225-0827